Postby snus280 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:36 am

Where to go snowkiting in eastern Pa/Nj, experienced kiter in water
Thanx in advance
Chris
:thumb:

kiteny
Medium Poster

Postby kiteny » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:47 pm

Lake Wallenpaupack is the best spot in the region...Stoil went there today; haven't heard yet if there was wind. If there is wind in the predictions, a bunch of us will hopefully go next weekend.

We have a Yahoo Group for people in the region to coordinate outings. Join by sending an email to NESnowkite-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Hopefully we'll see there next weekend!

Seth

Peanuts

Snowkiting in PA/NY/NJ w/lessons?

Postby Peanuts » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:44 am

Is there a place in the same region to get snowkiting lessons (group)?

Thanks...

kiteny
Medium Poster

Postby kiteny » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:54 am

Rachel from Stormboarding (http://www.stormboarding.com) in Vermont is the closest instructor I know of, and last year she said she would come down our way for a group. Her contact info is on her site -- see if she is interested. She's having her big event Feb 26/27, so you should definitely go to that as well.

If we're at Wallenpaupack this weekend, you are welcome to play with my trainer kites (Ozone Imp 1.0 & Little Devil 2.1 and Slingshot Wasp 3).

Seth

stormboarding
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby stormboarding » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:14 pm

Thanks Seth - I saw you were going fast this past weekend...we'd love to get you on the list!

Hello Peanuts...Seth is right, I would be happy to set something up for a group. I recommend making a weekend or week of it and coming up to VT. We have some excellent accomodation deals for snowkiters and A LOT of open space to ride. Details about lessons at http://www.stormboarding.com or my e-mail is rachael@stormboarding.com

Think snow,

rzm

Peanuts52

Postby Peanuts52 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:04 pm

Hi Rachael,

I found your site separately yesterday and sent you an email. Here are the details: 7-8 women, with no experience, for Sunday, Feb. 27th. I know you have an event that day; would you be able to have a group lesson? If not, we'd consider the 20th. Unfortunately, b/c of our schedules, we can only do a 1/2 day lesson. VT is a bit far, as we're all centered around NYC, but if there's nothing closer, it may still be possible.

You can reply to me at jacklynlahav@gmail.com (I check that frequently).

Thanks!

Jacklyn

uncleneil
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby uncleneil » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:00 am

You can also give a shout to Terry at Island Surf and Sail in Long Beach Island in NJ. They carry all your snowkite needs and are pretty local. Ph. # is (609)494-5553. Can also hook you up with lessons.

Return to “Snow / Land”