Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

This months kiteboard mag issue

forum for snow- and landkiters

fetguckd

This months kiteboard mag issue

Postby fetguckd » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:03 am

Did anyone catch all the new releases? And best is finaly coming out with some snow kites. Im stoked! I hate dishing out loads of cash for gear i cant wait to see these things...i havnt seen it on the site yet but i guess the 5 meter starts at 249.00, thats even less expensive then radsails, compare that to a 6 or 7 hundred dollar ozone or flexi kite!!!!!! price is everything, but the product quality must compliment that i think best does a great job and im really looking forward to lots of mountain boarding and snow kiting on one of there foils!

Hypoxic1
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hypoxic1 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:22 am

I can get cheap equipment til the cows come home. The real challenge is quality, safe equipment at a fair price. The advertized kite for 149 was 3 meter, which just might help my dog ski. I would be inclined to stick with the purveyors of proven, quality ..........when it comes to safety, price can never be compromised.

Where is the best pace in the US to kiteski? anyone got an opinion there?
Thanks,
:bye:

fetguckd

Postby fetguckd » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:10 am

i completly understand your point of view, the 149 foil on there site (bestkiteboarding com) is the only one they have released they have another coming out soon it looks pretty dope. and as far as safe and quality, ive learned this winter keeping it simple stupid is probably the easiest way to ride safe, i switched from a best cf swivel to a pulley to a carbon bar...the less bullshit on my bar the better, all that other garbage is so distracting...anyway check out some other posts on snow kiting, i havnt really traveled anywhere yet but this coming year im plannig on going all over, get out experience different places ;)

have a good one!!!

-Austin Ryan

montanakitesports
Medium Poster

Postby montanakitesports » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:38 am

Georgetown Lake Montana is a great place for destination kiting. There is a lodge 30 yards from the launch site, regular winds and a ski area 10 minutes away in case it doesn't blow. Check out Georgetownlakelodge.com for info. Also, we are having a comp 2 weeks from now (18-21) with a lot of great riders.

Montanakitesports.com

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:50 am

[/quote] Where is the best pace in the US to kiteski? anyone got an opinion there?

It is a short flight from San Diego to Salt Lake City, UT.

The premier location that we have here is known as Skyline (it is located on Skyline Drive) located 2 hours south of Salt Lake near the town of Fairview. The location is at an elevation of 9800 feet on the Wasatch Plateau. The season begins in late October/early November and often runs through May. The long season is due to the heavy snowpack. There is no snow meter located there, but my guess is that Skyline has received well over 350 inches so far this year. The snow quality is usually top notch and we often have powder. The other thing that sets Skyline apart is the terrain. It is wide open with a variety of hills and ridgelines to ride. The wind quality is excellent and it usually blows there 5 days a week. The scenary is also amazing. If you ride the top ridgeline you have a clear view of the Fairview Valley 4,000 feet below. Ride on a weekend and 5-10 locales will be there to show you the best places to launch and ride. Ride on a weekday and you will usually have the place to yourself. It is so good that I now prefer riding on the snow to the water. Come and see for yourself.

The other good thing about coming to Utah is that if there is no wind, you are less than an hour to the best skiing in the US. This year has been epic so far with storm after storm dumping light powder on the Wasatch range.

Kenny

J-Hole Michael
Medium Poster

Postby J-Hole Michael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:33 pm

I might be a little biased, but Jackson Hole, Wyoming has a lot of killer terrain, and a view that is unmatched except maybe in the Alps. Downside, the National Park Service has shut down one of the closest kiting spots, oh well, only another few million acres to kite right out the back door...

As for kite quality and price, some kites may be cheap, but I dont see Chasta hucking 30 second triple kiteloops on anything but Frenzy's. 'Nuff said there.

aloha

m-

D_Clark
Very Frequent Poster

Postby D_Clark » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:33 am

I know people are saying the praises of the best "3m" trainer/snow kite. Its an ok kite for the price, but you really get what you pay for. The quality of the material and the shape are good for a trainer kite, but its not up to par for what I would want from a 3m foil kite.

I use a 3m foil on days when its WINDY. I rode my 3m blade 3 on the water when it was blowing 45mph. I use it on the snow in 25-40mph. Now tell me that some cheap kite is going to handle that kind of wind, no chance.

I have a radsail pro, thats an okay kite, since its a copy of the blade3, but when you fly it you can tell the difference.

With the recent drop in prices on quality foil kites, why would you drop money on cheap crap? If your on a budget, buy last years quality gear used.

Cheap kite lines, no way. Cheap kites almost allways come with shit lines, so add that cost to your cheap kite and its not so cheap anymore.

Return to “Snow / Land”