Forum for snow- and landkiters
montanakitesports
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skyline Dr. is still on

Postby montanakitesports » Sat May 07, 2005 2:47 pm

Skyline still has killer snow coverage...anyone up for a roadie?

Windzup
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skyline and Strawbs
Favorite Beaches: Any Mountain with snow and wind.
Style: funky
Gear: my favorite kite
Brand Affiliation: NONE, Be yourself and fly what you like... I do like Ozone People tho!

Better than ever

Postby Windzup » Sun May 08, 2005 6:13 pm

May 7, 2005....the conditions at Skyline are phenomenal, this season will be talked about for years.

Four of us arrive to a complete white out, unaware of what awaits. Soon four Frenzies are in the white room and we were all getting disorientated in the blank conditions, where our kites were barely visible and the only sign of staying up wind was crossing a freshly cut powder track. After paying our tribute to the fog gods, the wind suddenly picked up and blew the clouds out. Lit up on our kites everyone headed for the hill which now revealed a foot and a half of fresh pow and hundreds of little windlips to ollie over and through. It was crazy, its May, and all around me its mid-winter, and as I plow a new line up Boscos ridge I hear the shouts and giggles from my fellow giddy riders. For just under two hours we tracked up a majority of Skylines late season gold, with every minute a fully powered powder ride. We all saw the clouds rolling up the slope and threatening to devour the lower elevations, so we jammed backed to the truck and bailed before another round of snow socked in the ridgeline.

Its Sunday today, and almost a bluebird with 15 mph winds out of the west.

This season started with 3 feet over night in mid October, now its May and we are no where near the end, and still getting freshies every few days.

Sick.

Brian Schenck
Ozone Kites USA
http://www.ozonesnowkites.com

trey3
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby trey3 » Thu May 12, 2005 10:05 pm

MONTANA KITE SPORTS, I FLY 4,6,8 M SLINGSHOT BSERIES.....WHAT IS YOUR WEIGHT / WIND SPEED, KITE SIZE IN THIS PHOTO??????THANKS! :?:

Windzup
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skyline and Strawbs
Favorite Beaches: Any Mountain with snow and wind.
Style: funky
Gear: my favorite kite
Brand Affiliation: NONE, Be yourself and fly what you like... I do like Ozone People tho!

Postby Windzup » Fri May 13, 2005 12:06 am

The rider in the Skyline pic is Chasta, heading off on one of his extended flights. Chasta weighs in around 160 pounds I think. The kite is likely his 14 meter Ozone Frenzy, although it could be his 12 meter Frenzy. Wind speed was 10-15 mph and was up and down that day.

Most of the altitude in this jump came from cruising down slope and gaining speed, then sending the kite up as the slope drops away under your feet. Easy airtime and long glides, just be ready to kiteloop so that you can land softly.

Windzup,
Brian (notmontanakitesports) Schenck

Return to “Snow / Land”