All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Looking for Idaho Falls, and Blackfoot area Kiters in Idaho
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 am 
Medium Poster

Beta Please...
I went exploring the area by the wind farm to the ESE of Ammon and Idaho Falls today. I drove through Idaho Falls on a classic katabatic wind day (Dec 17th high pressure and only windy at specific spots) and as I drove through Antelope Flats the normal katabatic wind was on, and at Ririe too. Once we were at IF we could see the wind farm blowing from what looked liked ESE which should have been Katabatic wind from Long Valley right? We were on our way to Tomcat Summit which had a classic katabatic wind as well. I would have thought the wind farm was above the down slope effect. There's a wind farm there but not a single gauge to reference except ririe and Antelope Flats! Lame...
I drove through the area today and thought the snow and terrain were good especially Galbraith Hill which seems to face straight into SE wind and is the shape of a 200 foot wave a half a mile long! Would love some Beta on the katabatic wind on that Wind Farm! It obvously gets hit hard from the S, SW and west winds from the Snake River Plain.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Looking for Idaho Falls, and Blackfoot area Kiters in Id
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:25 am 
Medium Poster

I am in rexburg or pocatello. i know two others in pocatello and quite a few in rexburg.i will pm you my phone# good luck.

[ 2 posts ]