All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ozone Snowkite Harness?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:04 am 
Rare Poster

We all know Ozone makes the sweet gear and now Im totally in the market for a harness with some leg loops designed in. (no seat harness). Is there any other options or is the Ozone Harness the way to go?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Ozone Snowkite Harness?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am 
Frequent Poster

Mystic Blazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:52 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I’ve been using the Ozone Harness throughout its evolution for the past three/four years. With the exception of the first year, I’ve been using the SB (spreaderbar) model.

The current design has reached its pinnacle of refinement. If you want a lightweight harness with decent waist support and leg loops that give you comfortable support while in the air, the current design works really well. It’s more supportive than a climbing harness and less restrictive then the Mystic.

Btw, I did demo the Mystic for a few weeks. If you cinch it up properly, it is the most restrictive (= ball busting) harness I have ever used. However, once cinched, it provided the most direct connection of kite to board of any harness I’ve used. With a subtle shift of the hips the Mystic transfers any and all kite power to the ground. I think for racing kites it would be a perfect harness. However, it is heavier, less compact and not so user friendly for getting on and feeling comfortable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:00 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Got an Ozone SB harness too, finally took it out and used it for the first time the other day ... I like!
The leg straps noticeably support you - unlike my Fusion where their function seems to be solely to keep the harness down until you launch the first jump, then they go sperlunking.
Very light, very free movement although I didn't like walking upwind with the kite at the edge ... nut crush!

The other option is the Peter Lynn Divine harness
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/r ... arness.jpg

or the Base harness for even less bulk. Advantage is they fit regular spreader bars ...
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/r ... engerw.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:54 am 
Rare Poster

Hey north idaho give me a call @ iceagesports.com I have a couple in stock or you can try out my harness to see if you like it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:36 am 
Rare Poster

been using them on land since day one of release
spreader bar or D ring, the work a treat as they are based on a climbing harness template (Petzl type of thing), they barely ride up, they are comfy, super light and robust enough

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Same deal here I have been rocking the ozone harness with lots of joy since I saw the prototyoe on Whittal's legs.. most of the folks I ride with also rock it. Spredder bar if you are new school and like unhooked stuff, direct connect if you don't unhook and never want to. It takes a day or two to get used to it,after a waist harness, but for just a few dollars you can make all of your days more comfy..

Sound like you have a chance to try, before you buy.. I would do that then make up your own mind.

Billy Bordy
Team Ozone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
The Ozone Harness is sweet and most like to have the leg straps to hold
the hook down for less ride up and better control over depower.

The lower cost one had an O ring like a climbing harness,
Then came the Hook Harness.
Then Now the Hook harnesses, the latest has the Leg straps attached driectly to the Bar in case
The waist belt ever let go, so it`s safer than the previous one.
One size fits all is a great thing...

For More back support and powered riding, longer riding, powered
the Ocean Rodeo Session 2 Harness is sweet and good for Kiteboarding as well.
Removable Legstraps... Only Hybrid Option. They can go under your snowpants....

Some riders take the legstraps off during summer, some keep them on. They really help prevent harness ride up. The Session 2 is a way to get a pure waist or Waist or seat style without having to buy 2 harnesses.

Riding with it here:

Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com

[ 8 posts ]