Bibs?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns
Brand Affiliation: None

Bibs?

Postby lewmt » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm trying to decide if a good pair of quality bibs is the way to snowkite to eliminate the cold back sensations from coat-creep. I know there's coats that offer a slip-through thing for the spreader bar but its always the back part of the coat that slips up & I can foresee it still being a possibility. Seems like good bibs would be a better solution?

Anyone like using bibs vs. regular snowpants...any ball-crush issues? Anyone have a favorite brand they like? With gore-tex & eVent options I can't see them as too hot in a long session. More importantly - has anyone bought a pair that fell apart or didn't hold up well due to quality issues?

jcady
Medium Poster
Local Beach: lakes
Gear: 2013 LF NV, 2008 slingshot ranger, 2008 Eh Ripper, 2006 ozone frenzy, 2011 Wainman gypsy.
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bibs?

Postby jcady » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:52 pm

i love my bibs they fix all the problems i have also heard a lot of good about full suits. as for riding up i were a seat harness so i cant say. I have a pair of Burton snake skin ones pretty ugly but have been awesome. I decided to go bibs when one day i got back to my car and was wondering why the back of my coat was all slippery. turned out my coat had ridden up and it was my back which was completely numb.

criznach
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby criznach » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Hey Dave,

I second that. I picked up some Burton Ronin bibs a couple of years ago on clearance, and I'll never go back. Absolutely no snow down the pants anymore. They are very waterproof, yet comfortable, even after a few years of use. Each leg has two mesh/zip vents that are nice to open on warm days. The only complaints are that the front zippers are light weight coils, and the shoulder straps fall down unless I cross them in the front (which they're not really designed for). No issues with crushing...

Chris.

UltraNectar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco
Favorite Beaches: Wherever it's good
Style: all
Gear: Ozone, Mike's Lab, Underground, Kaenon
Brand Affiliation: Owner of UltraNectar

Postby UltraNectar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 am

Bibs are an awesome fix! Then get a jacket that you can wear over your harness and this all but eliminates "coat creep".....

BobandLaurel
Rare Poster

Postby BobandLaurel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:41 pm

I've got an older pair of arcTeryx half bib things that I like real well. Not as tall as full bibs and no front pocket. Only complaint is that the goretex is slippery-makes the waist harness slides around a bit more but my leg-loops cure that.

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN ... LT-1-2-Bib

bob

Return to “Snow / Land”