Local Beach: Skyline & Strawberry, Utah
Favorite Beaches: Wadell Creek, CA
Gear: Ozone Manta, Ozone Frenzy, Twisted Velocity Kiteboard, UltraNectar
Brand Affiliation: Kite Utah, Wind Over Water Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Snowkiting Jackets

Postby JakeWalker » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 am

The jacket seems nice has anyone lain hands or one owns one and could give it a users review.
I have lain hands on one. This is my third UltraNectar jacket and by far the best. Nice to see the quality put out by the US manufacturer. I received mine as a Christmas present and have been using it constantly.

First test was flying my paraglider in 10F. Check off windproof. Stayed warm while flying for 2+ hours and loved the features on the hood that allowed it to go over and stay up on my helmet. Great movement and visibility with the hood on.

Second test was kiting at Skyline, UT in 7F. I think the weather report was calling for -25F wind chill. This is where I really began loving this jacket. Tons of great features above and beyond just the belly button zipper. There are two zippers just behind the standard hand pockets that allow you to access the harness for tightening or loosening the harness. There are also several bungees you can access through these slots that allow you to tighten the fit on the coat and keep the snow out. The belly button zipper for the hook also has some neoprene type material to help keep snow from entering around the hook. Very well though out. The sleeves have the internal cuff with thumb hole for keeping out snow and the external cuff is awesome, it can go over or under your gloves depending on your preference.

I'm not really a gear head, but I know what I like. I rode hard for about 3 hours and when I came in I was warm and dry. It really seems to "breathe" well...the inside liner was not soaked in sweat like the shell I had been wearing preChristmas. Not sure what else to say...happy to answer any questions.
Attachments
snow fence railslide.JPG
I love that the hood stays on while riding...soooo warm.
snow fence railslide.JPG (16 KiB) Viewed 832 times
smile 2.JPG
UltraNectar Jacket
smile 2.JPG (10.5 KiB) Viewed 832 times
fen4.JPG
Skyline, UT -
fen4.JPG (16 KiB) Viewed 832 times

UltraNectar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco
Favorite Beaches: Wherever it's good
Style: all
Gear: Ozone, Mike's Lab, Underground, Kaenon
Brand Affiliation: Owner of UltraNectar

Postby UltraNectar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:53 am

I am in Mexico right now and wont be able to ship it until the 18th but I would guess around $40-45+- to ship to you.

UltraNectar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco
Favorite Beaches: Wherever it's good
Style: all
Gear: Ozone, Mike's Lab, Underground, Kaenon
Brand Affiliation: Owner of UltraNectar

Postby UltraNectar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm

I think shipping to the UK would be about $40. You can contact me via email any time chip@ultranectar.com
Also, my cell is 510 543 8695 but I am in Mexico racing kites until next week.
Thanks

Return to “Snow / Land”