SW Colorado Spots

Forum for snow- and landkiters
chris country
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

SW Colorado Spots

Postby chris country » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 am

Man you guys, there are about 3 of us dying to ride up here in Salida and I've got to get down there and hit it. I am new to this area (was in Missoula before) and have been on a mission trying to find local spots. We don't have squat for snow here in town this year though and I'm so inspired that Rito Hondo and the other spots aren't all that far away.
I'm going to try to come down in a couple weeks. Are there any halfway affordable places to stay in Creede? Never been there. Thanks for the stoking pics, I'm going to try and recruit a couple locals to make a trip soon.
Chris

glickster
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: SW Colorado Spots

Postby glickster » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 am

I don't know about Creede but I've stayed in a cabin right in Lake City for about $75. If you've got the time check out Silverton and Durango too.

Brooklyns.JPG
Andrew McLean last Sunday on the Brooklyns above Red Mt. Pass.

Glickster

chris country
Rare Poster

Re: SW Colorado Spots

Postby chris country » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:56 am

Thanks, I figured between Creede and Lake City there will be more than a few housing options. Heck, if my girlfriend doesn't come along, I could just find a KOA and plug in my VW.
I was hoping to find terrain a little closer to home than Silverton and Durango even though that area looks sweet. We may go down to Creede next weekend if the wind forecast looks promising.
Chris

Return to “Snow / Land”