Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks, NC
Cape Cod
Style: water, snow, land
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2011 Ozone C4 as a Snowkite

Postby alden » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 pm

I sold off a number of my kites and bought a 2011 Ozone C4. So I need this kite to be my go to workhorse of a kite. I've had one session on regular front bridle setting, and this session was on the heavier feel setting. So far the kite has been great on snow. Can't wait to also get on water.

Pros: quality throughout, the fast pump valve has been working great and I'm glad it has a cover to keep out sand and snow, I like the bar and above bar trim, the gage on the pump, and the kite does what you tell it to - very responsive which I think already is starting to make a better rider out of me, consistant power thru the turns, I think the 2011 12m has the power of its size (12). Oh yeah and off the snow it will reverse launch using the back lines which is a plus.

Cons: the bag is small IMO which is great if you are car pooling on a trip. But for everyday riding, I'm using the bag from my 6m Kima which is bigger (I hope my kite doesn't get an identity crisis). Also the leash attaches below the bar which is great, but it attaches to the unspinning collar for the front lines which if you use the collar will put a twist in your leash?? Also I have a new out of the bag line length issue with my red steering line being longer than the right which I will contact my dealer about. Thats it. Overall I'm very happy with this kite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq-fAzGIvD8

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Re: 2011 Ozone C4 as a Snowkite

Postby PBKiteboarding » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:29 am

We mostly Fly the Ozone Foils for winter.
But here is another good C4 vid.

Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com

kite_wyoming
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011 Ozone C4 as a Snowkite

Postby kite_wyoming » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Great Videos! I got my 2011 C4 13m in December and have had about a half dozen snow sessions.
Love the new valve. It doesn't freeze up in cold weather and makes it easier to pump up the kite.
The 2011 is definitely beefier than the 2010 and you can really feel it in the loops. :cool2: Typical great quality and attention to detail you expect from Ozone.

http://vimeo.com/18572325

Return to “Snow / Land”