forum for snow- and landkiters
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 pm
- Kiting since: 0
- Local Beach: 2011
- Favorite Beaches: None
- Style: mountain board kiting
- Gear: Atom 90 mountain board.
Looking for a kite.
- Brand Affiliation: None
I just recently became interested in kiteboarding. I have a board and now I just need a kite. I have been looking around amazon and ebay for 'traction' or 'power' kites. I have found a couple that look nice but being knew I have know idea what the kite needs to have. Such as: Handlebars, safety breaks, harness etc... If anyone knows a good kite for me please comment!
I am 14 years old, and about 115 lbs. I am doing this on very short grass/dirt with about, well, Lubbock, Texas weather so it can be anywhere from 5mph wind to 30mph.
If that helps at all ^
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 5443
- Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
- Kiting since: 33
- Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
- Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
- Style: Always searching for flow!
- Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
- Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.
start out with a 4 line fixed bridle kite with handles or bar. Get a 3m size and learn from there.
The 3m will be good up to 18-20mph for your weight at a guess.
Ozone flow is a good model to start out on.
After a while you will want to upgrade into Depower. but for now learn the ropes on a fixed bridle kite.
Also go to www.kitecrowd.com
. That UK Based forum has alot more landkiters on it and you will get more advice than this one which is mainly kitesurfers and snow kiters.
Return to “Snow / Land”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest