Hello Everyone, this is my first post up here but thought you may like to know about an expedition my brother and I are doing (starting this Monday!) in Brazil.
We are attempting to break the World Record (unofficially) for the longest distance travelled in a kite buggy, unsupported. Two brothers from Buckinghamshire in England, who until a week ago, have never actually kite buggied before! Sounds mad? So many people think, but our sponsor's have been incredible in supporting us, and agree that we can pull it off. See these incredible companies/people below.
For more information, 'Like' our facebook page (always helps with the sponsor's!) http://www.facebook.com/kitebuggyadventure
and see our website http://www.kitebuggyadventure.com
We are raising money for Centre Point UK, a charity which houses and supports young homeless people. We didn't want to join the queue of people asking for donations from your hard earned cash. Therefore we wanted to do something a little different, and attempt to give something in return: http://www.justgiving.com/brazilkitebuggyadventure
Also, we have a SPOT GPS, so people can track us making progress up the coast! Currently it shows we are in the not so exotic Buckingham, 6 days time it will be the very exotic Brazil! Link can be found on our Facebook page.Our Support:Craig Hansen from PLK Buggy Shop in New Zealand, and Computing Solutions
- provided Outlaw buggies, and literally thousands of advice emails from his experience gained doing the Mad Way South expedition in the SaharaOzone Kites
- provided 2 x 4m Access kites, and 4 x Frenzy kites, plus bars and lines! Beautiful kites, easy to fly and perfect for the job.SB Kites in Poole (UK)
- huge amount of advice and help in actually learning to buggy! Fantastic teacher, and a really nice guy.www.OceanSource.net
- helping organise the logistics of the windsurfing holiday at the end of the expedition! Specialise in water sports holidays 'off the beaten track'Jon and Helen at Buggy Bags
- phenomenal ability to build the best quality bespoke bags, at such short notice! Couldn't have done it without themClub Ventos and Casa do John
- specialising in watersports holidays have provided accommodation and windsurfing kit hire in Jericoacoara
More on our website!!
Here's a call to anybody who feels they can help us gain exposure for the expedition. Do you have any contacts in Magazines / BBC / Newspapers etc who would be willing to run a story on us? If so, attached is a generalised press release. Bare in mind, we are leaving for Brazil on the 25th, and returning a month later with potentially very little chance to get onto internet in between.
Many thanks for reading down this far! We look forward to hearing a few replies - comments about how mad we are etc.
Oh, and why are we doing it? Well, partly to show people this is a sport that's easy to join as long as you get safe, prior instruction. (Hopefully it is anyway!!). As Craig Hansen said, we want to encourage more people to put down their playstation consoles, and try a new sport; whether that be traction kiting, windsurfing, kitesurfing, sailing etc etc.
Charlie and Harry Thuillier