Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2012 Ozone snow kites

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Sure it will be better that back line and will kill power more and faster. Really makes sense for beginners and those who
kite in places where you could get pulled over and edge or into something somewhere especially in the mountains if the wind came up or a fall,
and so on... The system has been on Flysurfers for a long time, FDS.

But some may like the the simplicity of 4 lines for set up or for when the Kite rolls. Also less drag.
We'll see how ti all goes...

Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com
Cray wrote:Hey PBK!
PBKiteboarding wrote:We don't miss the Mantas much... Although I'm sure many Liked them
Interesting safety on the 2012.
I'm _very_ interested in new Ozone Flag-Out safety. Have you tried it? Is it better than the
regular (pull the backlines) from 2011:
http://www.flyozone.com/snowkites/en/in ... ps/_89385/

I'd be most grateful, if you can manage to film it.

Cray
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Cray » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 am

Hey Paul.
PBKiteboarding wrote:Sure it will be better that back line and will kill power more and faster. Really makes sense for beginners and those who
kite in places where you could get pulled over and edge or into something somewhere especially in the mountains if the wind came up or a fall,
and so on... The system has been on Flysurfers for a long time, FDS.

But some may like the the simplicity of 4 lines for set up or for when the Kite rolls. Also less drag.
We'll see how ti all goes...
Well I'm very interested. My 10m2 Airush Crest 2011 pulls like an ox even when on safety. It's then very hard to get into the skies.

Plus I've experianced wind go from 20kts to 50kts (glacier induced wind).... And if you get caught out overpowered.... a good safety is a good thing :-)))).

RedStar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oulu

Postby RedStar » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Even landing 2011 (or older) alone is pain in ass when kiting in strong winds.

Cray
Medium Poster

Postby Cray » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:47 am

RedStar wrote:Even landing 2011 (or older) alone is pain in ass when kiting in strong winds.
Agree... One time all I could do to land was to lie on the ground with skies buried in snow until a couple of guys ran over and threw themselves over the kite :-). That's why new safety from Ozone caught my interests :-).

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

The new safety will be good. Solo landing a big manta/fremzy/access in nuking winds has been near impossible to do it cleanly.

As for manta v frenzy. Your eitehr a manta flyer or a frenzy flyer they are 2 different styles. park and ride frenzy style or fly it like a real kite manta.

hehehe can you tell which one i prefer. nothing in the frenzy range can touch the 15m manta for low end. .... but i'm interested to see what the light cloth option will do to the frenzy.

ultimatly i hope the re-introduce the manta. to me its always been the better kite. Faster ground speed, better up wind, longer glides and you have to fly it properly to get the goodness.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:52 pm

No Manta for 2012.
Once they made all the changes to 2011 Frenzy it surpassed the other kites in many ways.
Not parking and riding my Frenzy 7m here...
You can do anything you want with the Frenzy... Won't hold you back even on flats.
It depend on how you like to kite, personal style.

When the wind is light we ride closed cell Flysurfers 15m 19m 21m... Ultimate in Lightwinds.

Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com

Boosting the 7m Frenzy:

Kite looping the 11m Frenzy:

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:46 pm

PBKiteboarding wrote:No Manta for 2012.
Once they made all the changes to 2011 Frenzy it surpassed the other kites in many ways.
Not parking and riding my Frenzy 7m here...
You can do anything you want with the Frenzy... Won't hold you back even on flats.
It depend on how you like to kite, personal style.

When the wind is light we ride closed cell Flysurfers 15m 19m 21m... Ultimate in Lightwinds.

Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com

Boosting the 7m Frenzy:

Kite looping the 11m Frenzy:

nice vid

Nice

i've flown the complete range of 2011 frenzies. loved the 7m in was pretty manic when the squalls hit 40+ knots. i'm aiming to replace my 6 access with the 7 frenzy at some stage. The 9m was also cranken real easy to get air on... almost as fast as an inflatable but i missed the glide of my 10m manta. I much prefer long and low jumps on land. haul at 40-50kph send it for a shallow long low jump. The manta provides that in gobs. The frenzy tends to boost higher but not glide you for as long. I didn't like the 11 or 13 at all. too much down wind pull and not enough upwind ability. They reminded me of my old 05 frenzy.... I liked to go fast not get dragged down wind. I jumped back on my manta's and went. "ahhhhhh"....

But i'm in the minority of riders and the frenzy works better for most people as its dead easy to fly. everything is obvious.

Return to “Snow / Land”