Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Montana 6 12.5 issues

Forum for snow- and landkiters
frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Montana 6 12.5 issues

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:04 am

sophat34 wrote:What size trainer kite would you recommend for me, keep in mind i am usually around 260lbs depending on the sport season. I will take some pics and try to figure out how to post them here.
I did have a safety harness on and was tied off to the bumper of the truck with a helmet to help keep my self in place. Thanks for the concern by the way.
Most people start with a trainer kite...around 3 to 4m in size... you learn the basics with this... to much to go into on a forum. Not everyone starts with lessons... i didn't and I know a few others who didn't and everyone's doing ok. What we all did is take a lot more time learning, frigging around, doing our home work etc.

Most don't start off by tying themselves to the bumper of their truck so I think you're going a bit astray to say the least.

If you insist on learning on your own then here's a link I started with back in 2007...http://kitesurfingschool.org/ i spent a winter using a snowboard and a 3.6 m trainer... I got about 30hrs on it at least. In the spring i jumped in the water and had to learn all over again. It takes time. You're 260 so you could go with a bigger trainer kite I guess. But you need to bone up on a lot of stuff so you know what's going on.

Find some kiters in your area you can kite with is even better though... way faster and more fun.

wreknball
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby wreknball » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:27 am

Not to scare you, but check out this website, then get a lesson.

http://www.kitemare.com/Kitemares.htm

zob
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
MBS Pro90

Postby zob » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 am

sophat34 wrote:I did have a safety harness on and was tied off to the bumper of the truck with a helmet to help keep my self in place. Thanks for the concern by the way.
I would realy like to see a video of this :D

Return to “Snow / Land”