All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm 
Rare Poster

I am looking into a new harness and was wondering if anyone had a top pick. I kite most of the time on frozen lakes. currently use a dakine fusion harness

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:26 am 
Medium Poster

Contact Blankforce! They are coming out with a waist harness that you can add on a seat part if you want that option. Harness is looking really nice and we will be using it this winter in our snowkite school! The seat part is attached with velcro, so an easy and nice AND snowtight attachment! Gives you the best of two worlds!

Not sure its on their page yet, send them an email and i'm sure they can hook you up, at least with info! =)

www.blankforce.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 pm 
Medium Poster

try the ozone, peter lynn or libre.de harnesses for snowkiting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:22 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

kitingkristy wrote:

Why would you use a different harness snowkiting than from kiteboarding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:54 pm 
Frequent Poster

WOW blankforce looks like a total knockoff of liquidforce unless its a sister company. Never saw any harnesses on the site just boards accesories and a impact vest.

There is NO snowkite harness any harness will do just fine the only difference would be going larger to put on the outside of all your clothes unless you have bar holes in your coat then you can use your regular size.

Two kinds of harnesses take your pick seat or waist many configurations of each some marketed as snowkite specific but still a seat or waist harness. :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:41 pm 
Medium Poster

Craz Z wrote:
WOW blankforce looks like a total knockoff of liquidforce unless its a sister company. Never saw any harnesses on the site just boards accesories and a impact vest.

There is NO snowkite harness any harness will do just fine the only difference would be going larger to put on the outside of all your clothes unless you have bar holes in your coat then you can use your regular size.

Two kinds of harnesses take your pick seat or waist many configurations of each some marketed as snowkite specific but still a seat or waist harness. :thumb:

Probably just logo and name similarities between the two brands, as far as i know they have nothing to do with each other. So far good quality at a very decent price.

There are specific snow or landkite harnesses, the Ozone Access harness for example (the light version does not even have a hook), made specifically to be light and to allow a lot of movement (when riding back down). Those harnesses does not always offer as much support and are not designed for water use (allthough they probably work for that as well).

But you are right in that any harness will do just fine, as long as it is designed for kites. In my experience the same size works for both things, as long as you have not bought a very small one, just barely fitting over the wetsuit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:27 pm 
Frequent Poster

AndKite wrote:
There are specific snow or landkite harnesses, the Ozone Access harness for example (the light version does not even have a hook), made specifically to be light and to allow a lot of movement (when riding back down). Those harnesses does not always offer as much support and are not designed for water use (allthough they probably work for that as well).

I would say that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Thats not a tire thats a tyre. Where's Alec Baldwin when you need him. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:51 pm 
Medium Poster

edt wrote:
kitingkristy wrote:

Why would you use a different harness snowkiting than from kiteboarding

personal preference?

in my case i use a waist harness (Dakine Pyro) on water... i dont like the big wet nappy feel of a seat harness in the water... or i dont like using a waist harness while kite buggying as it rides up like crazy under ur armpits giving you no control....

when on land or snow i use a seat type of harness... before ozone released their harness i used to have a modified Petzl climbing harness....

since i ride with the Frenzy i chose the D ring Ozone harness that works perfect for me with the Ozone megatron...

again thats my own personal preference

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:31 pm 
Medium Poster

Craz Z wrote:
I would say that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Thats not a tire thats a tyre. Where's Alec Baldwin when you need him. :D

Harness
Harness

Tire
tyre

Same basic function. different design for different purposes. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 pm 
Frequent Poster

You could also say this is a snowkite harness which the design is identical minus the shortlooking cloth on the outside.

and yes they too have been used in the snow.

Attachments:
dakine_nitrous2011-1.jpg
dakine_nitrous2011-1.jpg [ 11.28 KIB | Viewed 1260 times ]
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next