*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 29
I am looking into a new harness and was wondering if anyone had a top pick. I kite most of the time on frozen lakes. currently use a dakine fusion harness


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:26 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:26 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Europe
Contact Blankforce! They are coming out with a waist harness that you can add on a seat part if you want that option. Harness is looking really nice and we will be using it this winter in our snowkite school! The seat part is attached with velcro, so an easy and nice AND snowtight attachment! Gives you the best of two worlds!

Not sure its on their page yet, send them an email and i'm sure they can hook you up, at least with info! =)

www.blankforce.com


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:01 am
Posts: 168
try the ozone, peter lynn or libre.de harnesses for snowkiting


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:22 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 2271
Location: Ford Lake, Michigan
kitingkristy wrote:
try the ozone, peter lynn or libre.de harnesses for snowkiting



Why would you use a different harness snowkiting than from kiteboarding


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:54 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 296
Location: montana
WOW blankforce looks like a total knockoff of liquidforce unless its a sister company. Never saw any harnesses on the site just boards accesories and a impact vest.

There is NO snowkite harness any harness will do just fine the only difference would be going larger to put on the outside of all your clothes unless you have bar holes in your coat then you can use your regular size.

Two kinds of harnesses take your pick seat or waist many configurations of each some marketed as snowkite specific but still a seat or waist harness. :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:41 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:26 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Europe
Craz Z wrote:
WOW blankforce looks like a total knockoff of liquidforce unless its a sister company. Never saw any harnesses on the site just boards accesories and a impact vest.

There is NO snowkite harness any harness will do just fine the only difference would be going larger to put on the outside of all your clothes unless you have bar holes in your coat then you can use your regular size.

Two kinds of harnesses take your pick seat or waist many configurations of each some marketed as snowkite specific but still a seat or waist harness. :thumb:


Probably just logo and name similarities between the two brands, as far as i know they have nothing to do with each other. So far good quality at a very decent price.

There are specific snow or landkite harnesses, the Ozone Access harness for example (the light version does not even have a hook), made specifically to be light and to allow a lot of movement (when riding back down). Those harnesses does not always offer as much support and are not designed for water use (allthough they probably work for that as well).

But you are right in that any harness will do just fine, as long as it is designed for kites. In my experience the same size works for both things, as long as you have not bought a very small one, just barely fitting over the wetsuit.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:27 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 296
Location: montana
AndKite wrote:
There are specific snow or landkite harnesses, the Ozone Access harness for example (the light version does not even have a hook), made specifically to be light and to allow a lot of movement (when riding back down). Those harnesses does not always offer as much support and are not designed for water use (allthough they probably work for that as well).



I would say that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Thats not a tire thats a tyre. Where's Alec Baldwin when you need him. :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:51 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:01 am
Posts: 168
edt wrote:
kitingkristy wrote:
try the ozone, peter lynn or libre.de harnesses for snowkiting

Why would you use a different harness snowkiting than from kiteboarding



personal preference?

in my case i use a waist harness (Dakine Pyro) on water... i dont like the big wet nappy feel of a seat harness in the water... or i dont like using a waist harness while kite buggying as it rides up like crazy under ur armpits giving you no control....

when on land or snow i use a seat type of harness... before ozone released their harness i used to have a modified Petzl climbing harness....

since i ride with the Frenzy i chose the D ring Ozone harness that works perfect for me with the Ozone megatron...

again thats my own personal preference


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:31 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:26 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Europe
Craz Z wrote:
I would say that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Thats not a tire thats a tyre. Where's Alec Baldwin when you need him. :D


Image
Harness
Image
Harness

Image
Tire
Image
tyre

Same basic function. different design for different purposes. :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: snow kiting harness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 296
Location: montana
You could also say this is a snowkite harness which the design is identical minus the shortlooking cloth on the outside.

and yes they too have been used in the snow.


Attachments:
dakine_nitrous2011-1.jpg
dakine_nitrous2011-1.jpg [ 11.28 KIB | Viewed 1260 times ]
Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group