All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aspen snowkiting
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:50 am 
Rare Poster

Hello.
Knows anybody snowkiting spots in/around ASPEN or Snowmass, Colorado?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Aspen snowkiting
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 pm 
Rare Poster

try the top of Independence Pass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 pm 
Rare Poster

Hello I live in Buena vista and kite independence a lot, but you need a sled to get there this time of year. I would think it would be good after the next storm, I had about 5 days there before they closed the gate. I love riding the back country and I am aways up for finding new spots. We should stay in touch. What is your riding level?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am 
Rare Poster

Hi. I'm planning visit Aspen for 3 weeks (ski trip). Two weeks in the end of January and first week in February. So now i'm thinking about take kite or not.
I know Independence little bit -snowmobile trip few years ago.
My skill is ski-expert, snowkiting-advanced, landkiting-beginer :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:21 pm 
Rare Poster

That sounds good, if you do bring your kites let me know. I would love to show you around. I might even have a loner kite if you cant get yours here. Do you have access to sleds, I might even be able to pick you up at the closer gate on your side.You say you are an expert snow kiter, where are you from? I love riding up there, this is a picture for last spring.

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 58.4 KIB | Viewed 1312 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi. Im from Czech rep. I didnt tell anything about expert snowkiter, just ski-expert. My snowkiting skill is probably advanced, not expert :-)
What about rocks? My experience is rocks on top of the mountains in this area, bad for ski :(
I will stay in Snowmass Village, by car is no problem come anywhere. I will bring my kite for 90%.
You are from Buena Vista- Aspen neighbour or New Jersey? :-)
Your spring picture looks really good. Im impatient already :-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:04 pm 
Rare Poster

I'm out in Aspen area til Friday and I brought a 12m just in case. From a little reading it looks like I need a sled to get to independence pass or flattops. Are there any places I can get get to by car? Or can I rent a snowmobile close enough to either place to get out there? If you're out here and wanna go/show me around/give me some info, hit me up (443)235-0116. I've been riding on the water for the last 7 years. I've snowkited on flat ground back in Maryland before a couple times.

Thanks,

Ivan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:59 pm 
Rare Poster

Ivan Zorn wrote:
I'm out in Aspen area til Friday and I brought a 12m just in case. From a little reading it looks like I need a sled to get to independence pass or flattops. Are there any places I can get get to by car? Or can I rent a snowmobile close enough to either place to get out there? If you're out here and wanna go/show me around/give me some info, hit me up (443)235-0116. I've been riding on the water for the last 7 years. I've snowkited on flat ground back in Maryland before a couple times.

Thanks,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,
As i remember, there is snowmobile rental on the summer road to Independece pass. Go from Aspen by this road, after about 2 miles there is road closed and there you can rent snowmobile. But check it before.
I m comming there in middle of January and will stay there till first week of February
Radek

[ 8 posts ]