Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Inflatables are Superior to Ram Airs on Snow/Land

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Inflatables are Superior to Ram Airs on Snow/Land

Postby Billy B. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 am

HAMLINDP wrote:Seriously guys, don't dis the modern closed cell kites if you haven't flown them.

Also, old foils given to you by friends, might not be tuned and probably have shrunk lines (if they were seriously used).

New closed cell foils from FS: Psycho 4, Speed 3, Viron, Unity. Try one of these bad boys and you'll never turn back! Sooooooooo much fun!!!!!

An added note: The Unity and Viron practically fly by themselves, and depower? Are you kidding me? Unbelievable range!!!!

Try these, then post your views on new closed cell foils!!!! I'd hate to say it but, "I told you so" ;)
I have flown the psycho 4 and the speed3 I have even mega looped the speed3 21 out of big glides...I am not saying they are bad kites the build quility and detail is top noch, just not the kite feel I prefer, I could get used to them if I needed to. FS is a great company run by great people. I love the US rep Ted, he is one of the most stocked guys out there!

I am stoked any time I get the chance to fly new gear regardless of the construction.

The new ozone frenzy ultra lite is also sweet. I personally prefer a different feel, I can still have a blast on a foil kite.

Sorry for sidetracking this thread....please continue the conversation while disregarding my personal distaste for one posters Internet persona. Again sorry to those of you who where enjoying this thread.... :remybussi:

balugh
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hunstanton, Brancaster, and other beaches in Norfolk
Favorite Beaches: ...I need to travel more...:-(
Style: Free ride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15M
North Rebel 11M
North Rebel 8m
Ozone Light 7m
Spleene Session 140
SuperShinn 135
Brand Affiliation: www.kite-eze.com

Postby balugh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:15 am

Some cool footage from last year's Red Bull Ragnarok...

http://youtu.be/dsOdTo2MI34

So...a very challenging event.

3 riders finished all 5 laps....top riders were on Ozone...at least one rode a C4...not their (excellent) foils.

The majority of riders at the mass start were on LEI's. I see a few FS speeds and Ozones.

What would I use in these conditions? I love my 15m Speed 3...but given the gustiness and terrain I might go for something with less lofting potential. A good fast, stable, LEI would be ideal in these race conditions imho...so the C4 would be a good choice again. A Unity might be the best FS choice but might be slow. The Peter Lynn Charger is a gust eater too but would it be fast enough. If I was going to be totally hairy knuckled about using a foil a fixed bridle race kite on handles would probably be the fastest kite on the plateau but it might be too tiring to finish. A bit like an F1 car that always sets the fastest lap time but never actually finishes a race. That said, some of the world's best riders did not finish in 2011...so I think skill / knowledge / experience were vital. I would like to watch this event live...looks awesome.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 am

Billy B. wrote:It's not about being hypacritical it's about your contributions to kite forum, being bogus,

Of course it's a rant isn't that the response you hope for as a troll.

I quess you just bring out the best in people funny, how you have received the same comments in the past.
:nono:

There is a cute condescending emocon just for you....

Enough said I think you get my vibe towards your contributions... As always I should just ignore your babble... :allbegood:
No matter how many podiums you stand on, no matter how much gear you may try, no matter how many friends you have who are sponsored pros winning contests - your OPINION can still be wrong... no matter how unwilling you are to admit it. This whole thread has gone to 5 pages because you take this shit too seriously and couldn't just let it lie.

I may not be the expert you are... but I know enough not to put a beginner on a kite they're not used to in conditions they're not ready for, to try and make a few bucks off them. That gives a better impression of your "vibe" and ability than all your dick-waving and chest beating...
Billy B. wrote:just not the kite feel I prefer
The only thing you've posted that is worth anything.

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:21 pm

I can't believe how many people got sucked into this thread.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:59 pm

You're not being very helpful :lol: you could at least tell us how well the Elf's went in the competition.
Oh wait, don't bother - nobody cares about anything but freestyle :roll:

Djoubs
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jackson beach
Favorite Beaches: French Alpes, Alaska
Style: Big air & Back country
Gear: Chrono, Edge & Summit
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Djoubs » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Stop talking go riding !!!
:argue: :jump: :remybussi:

balugh
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hunstanton, Brancaster, and other beaches in Norfolk
Favorite Beaches: ...I need to travel more...:-(
Style: Free ride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15M
North Rebel 11M
North Rebel 8m
Ozone Light 7m
Spleene Session 140
SuperShinn 135
Brand Affiliation: www.kite-eze.com

Postby balugh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Djoubs wrote:Stop talking go riding !!!
Can't you tell that there's a distinct lack of wind... :lol: :lol:

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.

Postby Billy B. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Kamikuza wrote:[No matter how many podiums you stand on, no matter how much gear you may try, no matter how many friends you have who are sponsored pros winning contests - your OPINION can still be wrong... no matter how unwilling you are to admit it. This whole thread has gone to 5 pages because you take this shit too seriously and couldn't just let it lie.

I may not be the expert you are... but I know enough not to put a beginner on a kite they're not used to in conditions they're not ready for, to try and make a few bucks off them. That gives a better impression of your "vibe" and ability than all your dick-waving and chest beating...
Billy B. wrote:just not the kite feel I prefer
The only thing you've posted that is worth anything.

o·pin·ion
   [uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA

noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.

a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

First, It is MY OPINION you idiot, It is impossible for it to be wroung becuase it is my opinion........This is why your internet persona is such a total junk show, When some one post their OPINON and is is different then yours they are not wroung they have a differnt OPINON then you. You truley beleave your opinon is right and tear apart amy one whos opion is different with stupid belittle comments that fluffs your feathers.

Did you read number 3???? I am a professional sharing my opinion on a web site in my field.....

Second, I never said the guy I put on the foil kite was a begginner I said he was a new kiter, I even listed his skill set as background he can stay up wind, jump, spin in the air and kite all by him self safely.....I Helped him fly a foil kite becuase he wanted to try one and because I am so kind I let him borrow mine to try, mentioning it was for sale if he liked it..I lent him the kite 3 months ago becuae he doesn't have a little kite since destroying a 9m and I woulod hate for him to miss a session while a kite he could use just sat unused in my garage.....Wow what a sshole I must be!!!!!! but becuase you are always looking for a way to shit on people here this is how you spun it.........

I may ot be the expert you are... but I know enough not to put a beginner on a kite they're not used to in conditions they're not ready for, to try and make a few bucks off them. That gives a better impression of your "vibe" and ability than all your dick-waving and chest beating...

So my vibe was helping out a new kiter by loaning him my personal gear (foil, then brand new pump up 2012 kite). spending 30 minutes helping him set up answering questions about foil kite, teaching him how to fly a foil kite, then landing him and setting up another kite that he was unfamilier with, so another 30 minutes of help and instruction(the kite I would have flown personally so I took out a differnt kite and flew it) launched him...(all while launching and landing other kiters around us) then went kiteing all while it was blowing 8m wind on a sunny day.........

And you spin this into another chance to belittle and insult as you made up your "fantasy story" about my vibe??? You or course turnrd it into "I may not be the expert you are... but I know enough not to put a beginner on a kite they're not used to in conditions they're not ready for, to try and make a few bucks off them. That gives a better impression of your "vibe" and ability than all your dick-waving and chest beating...
Just to again prove to yourself you are a better person making better opions then me yet another change to be condesending and feel supirior???????

See how it starts out.......I may not be the expert you are.....You should really remember this when you make up storys based on how you imagain a thread on this forum is going, If you even had the intellect to read what people posted and understand it, as written, with out spinning it into what ever you think it might say for your perssonal arguement, you wouldn't be such a douche bag to every one...

All you do is try to be right and creat conflict. All I do is share my expereance while kite boarding.

That makes one of us a stoked kiter sharing ideas on a forum. It also makes the other a Troll using the forum to f*** with others just to get his jolly on. I am tired of you not only fucking with others but also me. Look in the mirror and you see a junk show....fucking with real kiters on a forum about kiting...why not go to a shop opera forum and live out your dreams there...
Kamikuza wrote:You're not being very helpful :lol: you could at least tell us how well the Elf's went in the competition.
Oh wait, don't bother - nobody cares about anything but freestyle :roll:
Here you are hoping to gain some support by tayloring the topic of foils and ram airs to racing vs freestyle. I compete in races, have a few national titles on my resume..but you think no one cares about racing, and it helps you continue to be a prick in this thread with eye rolls and what not, so you might as well throw it out there right. Time to talk 2 handled race foil kite to support your foil kites, your opion and keep you feeling like your contribution have kiting content. Becuase it has become clear to you that you are a dick on this forum and you would like to feel better about your self, perhaps this is what this is all about you need to shit on others to make yourself feel good and you use this forum to do it.....
Djoubs wrote:Stop talking go riding !!!
Sorry Big Air, at home with the kids this morning, afternoon session for me. Go get some this AM for me! I am really fired up about this jack off and how he shits on people all the time....You know I have nothing but Love and respect for you though :bye:
Last edited by Billy B. on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Billy B. wrote:What a joke, this topic always is.
I vote for the expose Pump me Up contest as well...
I've got some insider update. PMU's name is Koplowicz, but don't be too harsh with him since he is diagnosed with severe clinical depression.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Billy B. wrote:What a joke, this topic always is.
I vote for the expose Pump me Up contest as well...
...his deep depression being a result of his other medical problem: excess gas in the digestive tract.
The guy's just too full of hot air.

Return to “Snow / Land”