Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Inflatables are Superior to Ram Airs on Snow/Land

Postby plummet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Billy B. wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:[No matter how many podiums you stand on, no matter how much gear you may try, no matter how many friends you have who are sponsored pros winning contests - your OPINION can still be wrong... no matter how unwilling you are to admit it. This whole thread has gone to 5 pages because you take this shit too seriously and couldn't just let it lie.

I may not be the expert you are... but I know enough not to put a beginner on a kite they're not used to in conditions they're not ready for, to try and make a few bucks off them. That gives a better impression of your "vibe" and ability than all your dick-waving and chest beating...
Billy B. wrote:just not the kite feel I prefer
The only thing you've posted that is worth anything.

o·pin·ion
   [uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA

noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.

a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

First, It is MY OPINION you idiot, It is impossible for it to be wroung becuase it is my opinion........This is why your internet persona is such a total junk show, When some one post their OPINON and is is different then yours they are not wroung they have a differnt OPINON then you. You truley beleave your opinon is right and tear apart amy one whos opion is different with stupid belittle comments that fluffs your feathers.

Did you read number 3???? I am a professional sharing my opinion on a web site in my field.....

Second, I never said the guy I put on the foil kite was a begginner I said he was a new kiter, I even listed his skill set as background he can stay up wind, jump, spin in the air and kite all by him self safely.....I Helped him fly a foil kite becuase he wanted to try one and because I am so kind I let him borrow mine to try, mentioning it was for sale if he liked it..I lent him the kite 3 months ago becuae he doesn't have a little kite since destroying a 9m and I woulod hate for him to miss a session while a kite he could use just sat unused in my garage.....Wow what a sshole I must be!!!!!! but becuase you are always looking for a way to shit on people here this is how you spun it.........

I may ot be the expert you are... but I know enough not to put a beginner on a kite they're not used to in conditions they're not ready for, to try and make a few bucks off them. That gives a better impression of your "vibe" and ability than all your dick-waving and chest beating...

So my vibe was helping out a new kiter by loaning him my personal gear (foil, then brand new pump up 2012 kite). spending 30 minutes helping him set up answering questions about foil kite, teaching him how to fly a foil kite, then landing him and setting up another kite that he was unfamilier with, so another 30 minutes of help and instruction(the kite I would have flown personally so I took out a differnt kite and flew it) launched him...(all while launching and landing other kiters around us) then went kiteing all while it was blowing 8m wind on a sunny day.........

And you spin this into another chance to belittle and insult as you made up your "fantasy story" about my vibe??? You or course turnrd it into "I may not be the expert you are... but I know enough not to put a beginner on a kite they're not used to in conditions they're not ready for, to try and make a few bucks off them. That gives a better impression of your "vibe" and ability than all your dick-waving and chest beating...
Just to again prove to yourself you are a better person making better opions then me yet another change to be condesending and feel supirior???????

See how it starts out.......I may not be the expert you are.....You should really remember this when you make up storys based on how you imagain a thread on this forum is going, If you even had the intellect to read what people posted and understand it, as written, with out spinning it into what ever you think it might say for your perssonal arguement, you wouldn't be such a douche bag to every one...

All you do is try to be right and creat conflict. All I do is share my expereance while kite boarding.

That makes one of us a stoked kiter sharing ideas on a forum. It also makes the other a Troll using the forum to f*** with others just to get his jolly on. I am tired of you not only fucking with others but also me. Look in the mirror and you see a junk show....fucking with real kiters on a forum about kiting...why not go to a shop opera forum and live out your dreams there...
Kamikuza wrote:You're not being very helpful :lol: you could at least tell us how well the Elf's went in the competition.
Oh wait, don't bother - nobody cares about anything but freestyle :roll:
Here you are hoping to gain some support by tayloring the topic of foils and ram airs to racing vs freestyle. I compete in races, have a few national titles on my resume..but you think no one cares about racing, and it helps you continue to be a prick in this thread with eye rolls and what not, so you might as well throw it out there right. Time to talk 2 handled race foil kite to support your foil kites, your opion and keep you feeling like your contribution have kiting content. Becuase it has become clear to you that you are a dick on this forum and you would like to feel better about your self, perhaps this is what this is all about you need to shit on others to make yourself feel good and you use this forum to do it.....
Djoubs wrote:Stop talking go riding !!!
:argue: :jump: :remybussi:
Sorry Big Air, at home with the kids this morning, afternoon session for me. Go get some this AM for me! I am really fired up about this jack off and how he shits on people all the time....You know I have nothing but Love and respect for you though :bye:
why don't you guys stop argueing and agree that anything I say is corrrect! :cool2:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:00 am

Oh well why not...
Billy B. wrote:o·pin·ion...
Did you read number 3????

Yes I did - did you read number one? :lol:

Billy B. wrote:First, It is MY OPINION you idiot, It is impossible for it to be wroung becuase it is my opinion.......When some one post their OPINON and is is different then yours they are not wroung they have a differnt OPINON then you.

Which is exactly what YOU'VE spent 5 pages doing... the irony is over-whelming.

Billy B. wrote:I am a professional sharing my opinion.....
Here you are hoping to gain some support by tayloring the topic of foils and ram airs to racing vs freestyle.

Your professional opinion that foils do poorly in competition is wrong. It's that simple, why not man up and admit it?
I understand that you gotta keep bending it all around - "Not talking lightwind performance" "Not talking what works best" "Oh but they're not pros" "That was ice, not snow" "Not many US riders" - so you can avoid being... wrong.

Now, if your sole point is actually that at the single competition you went to there was only ONE rider on a foil - and that was all - then I've jumped to conclusions about what you're saying and formed the wrong opinions and so I'm wrong and should apologize...

On the other hand, my first point is that at WISSA, foil kites dominated. My remaining points are that it doesn't really mean anything and you can't logically draw any concrete conclusions from the competition results, what pros are riding etc as to how the kite will work for you.
...insufficient to produce complete certainty
Zing!

Billy B. wrote:Second, I never said the guy I put on the foil kite was a begginner I said he was a new kiter

The difference being?!?!
Billy B. wrote:I even listed his skill set as background he can stay up wind, jump, spin in the air and kite all by him self safely.....

Oh I see - advanced rider then :roll: just like me!
Billy B. wrote:I Helped him fly a foil kite

For the first time - on a strange kite - in winds you say were gusting 20knots. Seriously, that was a good call?

Billy B. wrote:See how it starts out

Yup.
Billy B. wrote:All you do is try to be right and creat conflict. All I do is share my expereance while kite boarding.
That makes one of us a stoked kiter sharing ideas on a forum. It also makes the other a Troll using the forum to f*** with others just to get his jolly on. I am tired of you not only fucking with others but also me. Look in the mirror and you see a junk show....fucking with real kiters on a forum about kiting...why not go to a shop opera forum and live out your dreams there...
Just to again prove to yourself you are a better person making better opions then me yet another change to be condesending and feel supirior???????

:lol: about that mirror...

Billy B. wrote:your agenda

is to have fun kiting, shoot the shit about it and the gear, and tease the egomaniacs who think kiteboarding isn't a matter of life and death - it's more serious than that :evil:

You take this ALL way too seriously - the result of the enormous head-swell you suffer from. Relax - your real kiter opinions (and mine!) will matter even less in a few years. Or weeks :lol:

BTW - I read just fine and my comprehension is pretty good. So is my spelling... I think you could put that dictionary to better use...

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:01 am

plummet wrote:why don't you guys stop argueing and agree that anything I say is corrrect! :cool2:
Saying you're correct is a lot easier than admitting I'm wrong ;)
Last edited by Kamikuza on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Billy B. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:28 am

Kamikuza wrote:is to have fun kiting, , and tease the egomaniacs who think kiteboarding isn't a matter of life and death - it's more serious than that :evil:

You take this ALL way too seriously - the result of the enormous head-swell you suffer from. Relax - your real kiter opinions (and mine!) will matter even less in a few years. Or weeks :lol:

BTW - I read just fine and my comprehension is pretty good. So is my spelling... I think you could put that dictionary to better use...
And that why you are a dick :thumb: becuase you come hear to "tease" people its called trolling and its considered lame on all forums....

Funny that you and my new kiting friend ride alike its his 6th month. He how ever doesn't beleave he should Tease anyone sharing knowledge with him he says thank you and gets better.

8m foil with a flag line saftey in 20 knots??? with a guy I have known his entire kiting Career and has had the kite for 3 months and has static flown it several times before.. My 16m works in 20k? You really are cautious....I think its not that I am a egomaniac it just your skill set and false sense of comprehension are very low (most Bullys are), so perhaps it makes me and my opinions seem outragious. I have saftley taught so many clients how to kite with out injury since 2006.

I think you focus on gear since perhaps it is the strongest part of your skill set while kiting.

That all there truley is to it you come hear and "Tease" people just like any other Bully And all Bullys are ass holes just like your self.

This is my last post so you can have the last word I know Bullys like yourself enjoy that stuff

Why would I give shit about my spelling on a forum, none of this gets publlished, thats the stuff I bother with? :rollgrin:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:19 am

Billy B. wrote:Image
:duh:

Krzysztof
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Goczałkowice / Wisła Wielka
Favorite Beaches: Hel
Gear: Ozone

Postby Krzysztof » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 am

Pump me up wrote:... Large ram airs (eg Flysurfer 19m & 21m) contain >11kg of air...
:lol:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:58 am

Krzysztof wrote:
Pump me up wrote:... Large ram airs (eg Flysurfer 19m & 21m) contain >11kg of air...
:lol:
:help: :help: :help: :help: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :help: :help:

andrewjohn
Medium Poster

Postby andrewjohn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Now how did I know who had started this thread just by reading the title??? :roll:

Does anybody else think that PMU goes into nervous spasms every time someone mentions foil kites?

And a foil works best on land AND water, because if you forget or break a pump an LEI won't work at all. :lol:

crabnebula
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: mount washington nh
Favorite Beaches: Skyline, Utah
Style: in the air spinning
Gear: Ikon, TOBE, Julbo
Brand Affiliation: Ikon Kiteboarding, TOBE, Julbo

Postby crabnebula » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:06 pm

i think that this conversation is totally not necessary. I think of two words. Nepitism and pluralism. I have closed cell foils open cell foils Tube kites as well as single line kites parachutes and paragliders. They are to me all very fun and certainly put a smile on my face and for that matter most if not all students I have the privilege working with.

But for those who want to push their religion and create a crusade have fun.

Im going to be out kiting

snobdr
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Dewey, Atlantic City

Postby snobdr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:12 pm

I can agree on 2 things

(1) PMU can still bring em in with the same old rant, which is still funny as shit.

(2) Billy B is correct. Kami is a Dick!

Return to “Snow / Land”