Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Green Mt Wyoming

Postby rvrrat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:24 pm

:lol: After all the snow we got in the Hillbilly from Superstorm Sandy and the great conditions for snowkiting for over a week around Halloween, I needed more when it all melted. So that means a drive out here to the Tetons where there is all kind of blower deep snow. My first day was on Togwotee Pass. I hope I spelled that right. While I was workin' my way up wind about a mile from where I started I saw some kites go up. I knew who it was immediately. I was thrilled to see Pascal blowin' by me in about 15 minutes makin' it look easy. The conditions were stellar to say the least. After that sesh I moved over to Driggs where I have been for a week. Lots of good Backcountry skiing using my machine for access. Two days ago we got into Green Mt. It is a 7 mile access in by machine and two miles and 3000' vert climb in on skis to treeline. The snow was incredible but wind was light. Unfortunately for me I had my 9m. I wish I had my 13m but I was being cautious. The weather even broke and gave us good visibility. I tooled around on a shoulder of Green at 9100 ' for a while and skied the 3000' vert back to the machines. I love this shit. You all in the west got it goin' on. Today it is time to move on with a stop in Island Park on our way to Bozeman and hopefully down thru the Bighorns on our way home. I hope your winter keeps on gettin' it. If you don't mind, send some my way! JR
Attachments
PC150150.JPG
PC150101.JPG
PC150104.JPG
PC150105.JPG
PC150096.JPG

Return to “Snow / Land”