This has been my project over the last few years. I started snowkiting years ago- but for high mountain wind powered ascent- I'm hooked on UpSki:
We're raising funds through Kickstarter for our demo equipment and promote our sport. We need to raise another $8000 through Kickstarter this week. Check it out and support us today. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/upskisnow/upski-experience-wind-mountaineering
An UpSki has advantages over standard kites:
* designed specifically for mountain ascent.
* unpacked and launched in under a minute. (no pumping, no walking lines, etc)
* instantly collapse & depower (yes- literally we can dump 50mph wind instantly)
* provide precise control & power in gusty mountain winds
* short lines and round design create zero lift
* 1 size for all conditions (18m projected)
an amazing tool for anyone looking for a simple solution for wind powered ascent.
Kevin - UpSki Product Designer