Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, North
Brand Affiliation: None

Airush 2014 Question

Postby ktflyer381 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:14 am

I have a couple of 2012 Airush kites that I like a lot, one Lithium, one Varial X. I am interested in the 2014s but would like to know more about the canopy reinforcements that were added this year to the Lithium and Varial X. I'm sure they are great for keeping the shape of the kite, my concern is how they are glued and sewn onto the kite. From the pics on the website it looks like the strips are glued onto the underside of the kite and then sewn down the middle, but if this isn't the case then please correct me.

If the strips are glued and stitched in the center but not along the edges, then the glue is going to go over time (always does) and the airflow under the kite is going to be seriously disrupted. I'm sure the kite designers thought of this, but the website doesn't say much about it so I would like some info from someone in the know (not someone who has just looked at the same pics I did).

K
Attachments
Varial X.png
Varial X.png (54.22 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

nicor
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Airush 2014 Question

Postby nicor » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 pm

I have the 2014 lithums, love the 2013 and the 2014 is pretty much the same from what i can tell except foe the reinforcements and bag (which i hate).

They are under the canopy and the totally glued down from edge to edge. I not sure how useful these reinforcemants are and durability might be an issue in the long run, only time will tell. I am impressed with how it seems to be done and they make the kite look kind of cool.

ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, North
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush 2014 Question

Postby ktflyer381 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks Nicor.

K

Return to “Snow / Land”