Gear: a couple Cabrinha's
a couple Switch's
some slingshot, Ocean Rodeo
Airush, Nobile, Trampa blah blah
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Roadtrip

Postby FrontRangeJeff » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Hey guys! FrontRangeJeff here. I had a great time out there on Steamboat Lake and it was even better after chatting with you both and also seeing you enjoy the conditions.

The winds were ideal for us-which was a treat because winds in that area can be very fussy. Glad you told me you were logging your trip on here - seeing pics of your earlier events and knowing there may be more to come from Wy/Idaho will be awesome.

If you are ever back out this way I'll be sure to try to see if I can't somehow find a way to end up at the same spot/time again! Kiting with you guys was a joy.

Jeff

rvrrat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Garrett County Md.
Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none
Has thanked: 0

Postby rvrrat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 am

:lol: After a few days of backcountry gravity in the Tetons I got back on my Kite over on Togwotee Pass east of Jackson Wyoming. Found some soft snow and lite wind and lots of sun for a great day. Met some more JHK folks and got more info about Antelopoe Flats near Ririe Idaho. On my last day out I was able to get a sesh there on my way east. It is an incredible place to ride. Awesome wind and terrain. I loved how clean and powerful the wind was and the endless rolling terrain. I got home last nite to a healthy amount of snow. After 5800 miles and Snowkiting in three western states I was able to get a sesh right here at the house. Sinks of Gandy in West Virginia tomorrow then its back to work. Looks like Madison Wisc and Minnesota then New England next week in the Big Truck. You know I'm gonna have my kites! JR
Attachments
P1000690.JPG
P1000692.JPG
P1000694.JPG
IMGP5690.JPG
IMGP5702.JPG
IMGP5739.JPG
IMGP5748.JPG
IMGP5762.JPG
IMGP5766.JPG
IMGP5776.JPG

chris country
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby chris country » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:25 am

Really awesome shots, you're giving Noah a run for his money! Any to think I lived in Steamboat all through the 90's and was a windsurfer then. To see that terrain on Buffalo Pass that I neglected kills me. I'll be keeping an eye on that area for promising conditions the next couple months.
Chris

rvrrat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Garrett County Md.
Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby rvrrat » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:56 pm

:bye: Thanks Chris Country. I wish I was in the league of Noah and alot of other western riders. I get alot of inspiration from his and their posts and pics. I dig this thing we call snowkiting. JR

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Postby matthepp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:12 pm

JR,
Great write up! It's awesome that you got in a good session as you pulled up to your front door after the big trip. Still about 5 months of snowkiting left for the year-

Return to “Snow / Land”