Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD/Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Plummet Boards

Postby t3rse » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:26 am

So I need to stop hijacking threads...

What I know: 10x3 Primo Spirit tires on extended axles on your sand board, Revolution style trucks. You made the trucks from scratch--axles were 2205 Stainless ( per https://vimeo.com/53148418 )

Do you happen to have pics of the axles before you installed them? I looked through the above timelapse but couldn't find any images of the axles. Did you have a machinist turn the axles for you or something off the shelf you found (if you had them custom made do you know the starting diameter of the stainless rod)? Do you have rough dimension of the axles (especially length)? Did you make the bushings from scratch or use something off the shelf? What plastic did you use for the travel guides (slotted end plates)? Where did you source the CV style boots? Do you happen to have rough dimensions of the housing?

Sorry for the all the questions!

t3rse
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD/Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Plummet Boards

Postby t3rse » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:24 am

Here's what I've modeled up so far. This assumes standard skate bolt pattern, allows 36* adjustments with 5 fixing bolts, and an axle stock from 3/4 in with 10mm outer shaft and 1/2 in normal. I found an off the shelf poly bushing that I think will work: Energy Suspension PN 9.8106.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: Plummet Boards

Postby plummet » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:16 am

Check this bro
http://www.design-extreme.co.uk

40 mm wide. 40mm I'd Bushing hole

5/8 axle. Machined down to 12mm for the hub.

Poured 2 pot urethane. 80 duroemeter

Uhmwpe for the guides.

Cv boots from an auto shop.

Return to “Snow / Land”