Peter Lynn Phantom2 15, Scorpion 16, F-1200
OR Rise 16 Razor 10
Nobile Snowkite 165
OR Mako King
Rogue Wave 170x50
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Has anybody flown any Peter Lynn kites?

Postby marekk » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Used almost all of their products since the beginning with the exception of G2 (Guerilla 2) and the Fury models
Still have the S-840 and F-1200 in my quiver.
Started on the snow and landboarded several years before I tried water.
Progressed quickly with a Venom2-16m; every time I crashed, I would let go of the bar and after I emerged from water, the kite was there waiting for me at the zenith !
Twinskins are still the favourites, but I did enjoyed their open foils Lynx and do use their inflatable Escape.
Prices of their product are at premium but you really get what you are paying for.
I use twin-skins in winter mostly, no pumping at -25C is a great bonus !
All time favourite F-1200 (I still fly it on occasion), highly technical to launch, but once up there .... :jump:
Yes CH1 was handful due to "tip clap" on some models,but all that was fixed with CH2 which is a gem; stable and fast.
Escape was my first tube from them and I like it very much for its stability and overall ease of use.
Cannot wait to try their Fury LW.
Powerkiteforum is a good source for everything PL related..
Attachments
ARC_EXP.JPG

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:04 pm

i bought my first 840 and 120 arcs back when they came out. I stacked them several times and even relaunched the stack a few times. I missed out on the F's but I made up with a pair of Phantoms. I loved them except for their tendency to bow tie. i loved the Gorillas. I flew Venom 1's too, but I highly modified my 15. I still fly the charger 1-12 and 15 and i've only had one tip clapp. i predominately fly a speed 3, 21. When it comes time for a new kite, flysurfer will get the nod. I just don't do inflatables for personal reasons. The passing of Bob Dawson took the wind out of PL sails.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:29 pm

A few things have changed since the Charger 1 days.

The support staff in the offices in Holland has been almost totally replaced since then.

I have rejoined Peter Lynn as Team Manager and Marketing support recently and I see a great future with them.

The Kites are great. The Fury and Swell are my current favourites, but there are very cool and innovative things still to come so stay tuned.

Just to set a few historical things straight.

Vliegerop has had the licence for Peter Lynn since the before the Venom days. The Synergy was the first kite that was designed by Pepijn Smit without Peter or Pete being involved.

There was a time where things where not running well at Vliegerop (the reason I left and went to Flysurfer), but a lot has changed since 2009. I would not be back if the Kites where not up to scratch and the people working there where not good at what they do.

--
Gunnar

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Flyfish wrote: ...

Vliegerop bought the Peter Lynn licence from Mr Peter Lynn who designed and patented the foil Arc kite. I hope they have learned something from the Charger 1 experience. But if you ask me, I would never buy from them.
Like --poldo-- I Also learned to kitesurf with a pair of PL Arc Guerilla, 13 e 18, and they were
really, REALLY good kites for the age (2003). I Still have a good quiver of Venom's and
they work good for teaching and snow-kiting.

I actually went to the park with a young girl i met at a bar, a week ago ; gave her the first
lesson on a 10-M Venom, in 3 to 6mph wind, (she was looping it within two hours)
and knows the difference between a Down-loop or Up-loop !
Also a GREAT KITE ; for the age !!

HOWEVER

I had a VERY BAD experience with Vliegerop ; they sold me a NEW kite , that had
hardly any of the stuff which holds the air in the cells, (i could actually breath through it)
with my mouth pressed against the fabric, and it would go Flat within 4-minutes
after it hit the water, (basically making it Impossible to relaunch).

They Refused to replace, so I said : "OK then"
and wouldn't purchase another PL kite if it was given to me for 1/2 price from the factory !!
---((Where is the f***-You smilies ?))---
That was a complete Waste of a $1000 USD ; and YES , i'm Still PISSED !!!!!!!! :angryfire:

I immediately switched to OZONE after that ; with Good results , and my 2008 13-M Edge
still works just fine , so i'd say Ozone makes a decent product !!

Bille

bullet
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ainsdale
Favorite Beaches: ainsdale
Style: landboard freestyle
Gear: peter lynn aero
CKB board
Brand Affiliation: PETER LYNN KITEBOARDING

Postby bullet » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:15 pm

I currently fly the charger 2 and I find it to be a fast responsive kite and when flown in anger, gives me all I need from a kite whether that be on the water, in a buggy, on a landoard or in the snow.

todays session on the landboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ebrrzr0qKg

ced1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cannon Rocks
Favorite Beaches: Cannon Rocks, Flag Beach, Anse la Raie, Witsands, Dolphin beach
Style: Big air, wave riding
Gear: Airush, Underwave

Postby ced1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:50 am

Been flying them since 1999, when I had a Peel 5m…
I am now mostly on the LEIs, suits my type of riding.
Whenever I try another LEI brand I am amazed at how well the PL fly. Very under rated. Unfortunately I can't comment on the Lynx.
As for the customer service, I can only echo what Gunnar said. Things have changed.

Ced

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 pm

In regards to the Charger 1situation with Peter Lynn there were a number of factors that made things worse than they needed to be. Issues with manufacturing and issues with customer service and frustration for everyone involved. Perhaps things were not handled well but as we are told there is a new group of people in the house of Peter Lynn I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt that things have changed and they have gotten a bit better organized.

But the original post wasn't about the company, it was an inquire about the kites. Peter Lynn makes absolutely top level kites. Even the Charger 1, despite the few defective ones, was an awesome kite. Probably more performance than most Arc riders wanted but an unbelievable step forward in Arc development. IMO very much the F-arc of the time. I love Charger 1 personally.

The kites are awesome. They offer something for everyone and I think those who have given up on Peter Lynn as a brand are just missing out on some of the best flying kites in the world.

The Venom 2 and Synergy were the sweetest arcs in the lineup. IMO. They Charger 2 is more like a Synergy than anything like the original Charger 1. For those who have flown arcs a long time think Phantom 1 vs. F arc. My current personal favorites are the Phantom 2 and the old 1200.:-)
Always remember that when people are happy they only tell a few others about it. When people are pissed off, they tell eveyone they meet. When presenting a post like this that's the risk. Most happy Peter Lynn flyers don't say much unless asked pesonally. At least that would be my guess.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:01 pm

I probably will be testing the kites soon. Maybe will be going testing with the shape designer. We shall see how the kites are. From friends i heared much positive stuff about the tube kites.

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:49 pm

If you see Pepijn please tell him Chris said "Hi" :-)

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 am

I've heard great review about the Escape and the Fury. I will have a chance to try them really soon. The fury seems to have a lot of hangtime. It should also be great with my freerace board.

Return to “Snow / Land”