Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Realeases the 2015 Peak2

forum for snow- and landkiters

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: New England. So much better than moldy Old England.
Style: Adapt and overcome.
Gear: Foils and skis.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, Flysurfer,HQ kites.

Flysurfer Realeases the 2015 Peak2

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Flysurfer News:

Flysurfer PEAK2 - only the sky is the limit!

Flysurfer built the PEAK, the first usable Single-Skin technology kite in our sport, and developed it into a serial product. Its fanbase rapidly grew, thanks to its versatility, its low-end power and the unmatched launching and landing possibilities that excited every user.

On the PEAK2, we have improved the overall performance without compromising on safety or stability. With a higher-aspect ratio, a thinner airfoil and a reduced bridle system, the up-wind and jumping performances have become super-easy. PEAK2 has a faster turning speed and solid grunt, which enhances an even better free-ride experience. Anyone who believes Single-Skin kites aren't meant for freestyle is wrong. The new PEAK2 is an unhooked machine and its ability to slacken the lines during jumps is perfect for highly technical tricks.

The PEAK2 with its Single-Skin kite technology ensures the highest safety standards. It comes with an Infinity Light control bar and Infinity 2.0 quick release, flying lines, a front-line safety system (FLS) and Flysurfer’s 12-month free repair warranty service. The PEAK2 is your ultra-lightweight fun cruiser.

Because of its small and light pack size, you can take it anywhere. There’s no pre-filling or pumping necessary, simply go wherever you want... Only the sky’s the limit with Flysurfer!

For more information on the all new PEAK2 go to our product page: www.flysurfer.com/produkte/kites/peak2/

http://youtu.be/Cb3EWmZHO8o

A number of changes over the Peak 1 including a new Infinity bar system with a trim, different AR, less flutter in depower and faster turn rate.

New sizes added, 4m and 12m. Pricing is on par with the Peak one with a small increase over 2014 but still unbeatable in terms of bang for the buck.

Pretty psyched on this new kite. Seems to be geared toward a compromise between an alpine touring wing and freeride. Hardwater Kiting will have it in a few weeks for retail as well as demo.
Can't wait!
:D
Attachments
Peak2Fly3.JPG
Peak2Fly3.JPG (29.37 KiB) Viewed 4082 times

Grobo
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Gear: Ozone acess 8 2013, ozone summit 10 2014
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Realeases the 2015 PEAK2

Postby Grobo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Yeah this is awsome. I was actually viewer 1 and 2 on the youtube you linked. It was so weird being in the flysurfer webpage wanted to buy the peak1, when i suddenly refreshed and saw the number 2. I was so happy I didnt buy the first one now.

I wounder how the 12m will be. i guess that one will have the most pull in the low end of the wind range compared to the 4m one.

Do anyone think that a 4/12 is good combination if you buy two?

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Re: Flysurfer Realeases the 2015 Peak2

Postby DrLightWind » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:20 am

Anybody flown the Peak in the water yet and how it performed :?:

DrLW

darippah
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Nj
Style: Freestyle, Strapless waves

Postby darippah » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:01 am

[quote="DrLightWind"]Anybody flown the Peak in the water yet and how it performed :?:

DrLW

Wondering the same. thinking the 6m would make a perfect lightwind kite for my Hydrofoil

I mostly fly clouds and since they're so light they almost never hit the water

Mikites
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Petobego sand bar
Gear: Blade trigger and fat lady

Postby Mikites » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:19 am

Chris.. Let me know when you get these in!

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby robertovillate » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:44 am

darippah wrote:
DrLightWind wrote:Anybody flown the Peak in the water yet and how it performed :?:

DrLW

Wondering the same. thinking the 6m would make a perfect lightwind kite for my Hydrofoil

Yeah, I tried my 9m Peak on a really light day. To be honest I did not like the way it felt. I have been flying LEI's on the water for 14+ years and maybe I am too accustomed to that. The Peak flys pretty far forward so in light wind you really want to get the kite down into the heart of the powerzone. It just didin't feel right to me. I do not drop my inflatables in the water very often...but it does happen. You would be pretty much screwed if the PEAK hits the water.

Otherwise I LOVE the Peaks for snowkiting....I had the 6m and 9m last winter and I will be riding new 4m, 6m and 9m PEAK 2's this winter. If anyone is in West Michigan and wants to try them let me know.

Pray for snow and ice!!!

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: New England. So much better than moldy Old England.
Style: Adapt and overcome.
Gear: Foils and skis.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, Flysurfer,HQ kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Water drift launch in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. http://youtu.be/l6jT3k__T84

Footage a some water riding and how things would likely go if you had an issue. :wink: https://vimeo.com/99566103

While there's been plenty of images posted on the Flysurfer site of the Peaks being used on water and as the first video shows it can be launched off water and it is possible but probably not ideal. Better than an open cell foil for sure but a closed cell or LEI is a much better option. Many of the things that make the PEAK such a great little kite are also things that on water would be a liability and PITA to deal with if it goes in.

Apart from the transport aspect for traveling and the low end grunt I'm not sure I see any advantage of using a PEAK on the water. Nothing that outweighs the risk or at least the inconvenience of it going in the water inadvertently. :o

I suspect the Cloud is a lot more user friendly if you crash it in the water. :D

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:58 pm

darippah wrote:
DrLightWind wrote:Anybody flown the Peak in the water yet and how it performed :?:

DrLW

Not so sure the peak would make for a nice ride with a foil, AR being low, the kite will drag you downwind as opposed to your foil that can track upwind a lot better. Could work but it wouldnt be optimal.

Peak arent made to ride on the water, watching the clip above will convince you.

Thanks

Jules

Flyfish
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000

Postby Flyfish » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:14 pm

that video only encourages me. he says he's rideing in 8-10 knots "and less" which appears quite true. And he says hes a beginner which appears true based on how he drops his kite.
thus if you have the skills not to randomly drop your kite in light wind wich is not hard, the peak 9 meter was ridding when the 19 meter was out.
The way i see it is that for an experienced rider, the only time i droo my kite in super light winds is when the kite actually falls out of the sky. that said, NO kite relaunches then.
Im looking for the holy grail kite for uber light wind down the line wave ridding. i want a kite that WILL drift in 8-10 knots fully unloaded.
if the peak could do that, its worth the no relaunch issue. i just cant afford buying one to try that theory. If i bought one, and the first time i hucked it down the line, it wadded up in a ball....
so, someone else needs to try.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby robertovillate » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:09 am

As I said before ...it definitely can be done...

Some of the guys from flysurfer were riding with the 6m Peak +Razor side by side to a 15 Speed 3 + a Flydoor....and the Peak/Razor combo was blowing the doors off the other combo.

So the Peak has the "potential" if you don't mind the risk of needing to relaunch out of the water. I've seen that video of a water launch....but seriously? those are ideal conditions and I doubt that things would go very well under normal conditions we encounter on the water. And if there was even the slightest wave action or current, or weeds, etc I see the Peak getting swamped pretty quickly before a "hotlaunch" could be achieved.

I'm not trying t be pessimistic,,,and I am not meaning to encourage you more...hahaah..One thing that is true is that the Peak is super stable and will stay aloft in super light wind...lighter wind than any LEI for sure...and they aren't so fast that a little pilot error would put them into the water easily....so heck ya, give it a lash. If you ever are here in MI and want to demo one of mine on the water you are welcome...I'll even come get you if you crash it...as long as there is enough wind for my inflato (10+ kts) or I have a boat handy.

As anyone who has experience with a raceboard, the advantages in light wide are huge, in great part due to the excellent tacking angle and ability to develop apparent wind and lift efficiently. A few degrees more to weather can make a huge difference in light wind. In that vimeo clip the guy sort of got planing with the Flydoor, but it looks like he was not going upwind. The guy was a relative beginner, which makes a difference of course, but still I think the light wind performance curve on water is not there...yet. Of course if you increase size...such as using a 12m Peak instead of the 9m Peak...that will work better....but then does a good light wind LEI (or twin skin foil w/relaunch) start making more sense When we use the Peak on snow with skis or a snowboard there is little/or no loss of apparent wind potential because the skis and snowboard go upwind almost immediately (sort of like having a raceboard on water). But in the water we need to bear off slightly to get planing on a waterstart...which might be the downfall for making the Peak conventional on water...at least in it's current form...maybe this will be improved...you never know!

I have to admit that I do not have experience with foilboards so one of you foil guys need to do the experiment and let us know how it goes.

So, what is probably of more interest and curiosity for me is - can they make a single skin foil that has true water relaunch capability without sacrificing the advantage of weight, packing size, etc...?...now THAT would be cool!

Return to “Snow / Land”