joe cheng wrote:Agree that the speed 4Lotus, and the FRENZY are the most top notch in the market. Which one you think is better in this case?
Sorry I cannot really say that because I don't have any experience with modern Frenzy. I've ridden 2005-2006 Frenzy 5m a couple of times year ago
In my opinion (=guessing) pros for Speed4 over similar sized Frenzy could/would be:
- closed cell foil =>
* better upwind angle with better speed because of better lift/drag ratio
* less snow into cells which add kite flying weight and requires removing of snow (I've never emptied Flysurfer in 5 years but with open cells I have even multiple times in a set)
* kite holds shape longer in gusts/holes => perhaps
better drift and gust handling
* summer bonus (you said kitesurfer background), I use Speed4 15m2 as my light wind machine all year
* Ozone is not famous of their guarantee, at least few people in this forum are complaining about it. Truth is?
* I've no problems with Flysurfer directly or via local importer. FS upgraded guarantee to 12 month free-repair.
Unknown for me:
- safety features of the bar
- pack sizes of similar sizes
- turn rates of similar sizes (and how much you want to emphasize of it)
- durability of kite & bridles & lines but you state you don't want to jump so much