- For dedicated and experienced snowkiters
- High aspect and high performance profile
- Tight powerful turns for mountain climbing
- Industry Leading Re-Ride Release System
- Double pulley speed-system with Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- High quality, easy to use backpack with loads of volume
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction
- Also available in an Ultralight version

The Summit V3 is an all out performance Snowkite for dedicated and experienced Snowkite riders.

The Summit V3 defines top Snowkite performance and has become the most versatile performance kite on the market. It is the same kite design as the 2015 model, with refinement to the Internal Re-Ride Release System.

The Summit V3 is for riders with experience and who are looking for a kite to explore the limits of what is possible. The high aspect design, clean sail, de-power range and handling will allow the adventurous to push the boundaries of the sport even further. The Summit V3 has so much potential due to its amazing power generation in light winds but also big de-power in strong winds. Combine that with fast direct handling and you have the ultimate combination for progressive riders.

The design of this kite has been maximized to deliver as much performance as possible for backcountry exploring. Each aspect has been calculated using the latest development techniques to produce a kite that pushes the limit of design. With our new software and our years of experience we have put together a unique combination of aspect ratio, cell width, profile and sail tension. We have incorporated technology from our class leading paraglider designs to dramatically improve stability.

The Summit V3 is available as a Kite Only option that comes with the lightweight Kompressor Bag, or Kite Complete with the Contact-Snow Control System and technical mountain Backpack. We recommend adding the Kompressor Bag to the kite complete option to have your kite packed and secured as small as possible.

http://ozonekites.com/products/land-sno ... summit-v3/

PDCK
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Ozone.
Epic.
Axis.
WH.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Summit V3 - Push the boundaries

Postby PDCK » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:35 pm

Got my Summit V3 15m and loving it so far.
But I realized that to fly well, and not being over sheeted, it has to be flown with 3/4 of the de power pulled down!
Anyone else has the same issue?

Noahpz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Style: Big mtn snowkiting w/ lots of freestyle
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Noahpz » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:39 am

PDCK: pm'd you...

Noah

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:33 am

I am surprised Ozone is not introducing a single-skin kite for backcountry kiting. We like it small and light in the backcountry.

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 am

The ultra light version packs down pretty small and the weight is much lighter than regular version.

Danni-kiter
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Style: Snowkite
Gear: Ozone acces 6
Ozone summit 10
Ozone summit 15

Postby Danni-kiter » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:15 pm

PDCK....
I just got my summit 15m V3 and tried it couple of times and I'm having the same problem as you, having to use the depower to fly it well...
Does anyone know what the problem is?

PDCK
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Ozone.
Epic.
Axis.
WH.

Postby PDCK » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:13 am

Danni-kiter,
After having this issue, I contacted Ozone by email thinking there could be a bridle issue.
Here is Ozone answer:
"I assume you are using Ozone Lines and Bar? Have you checked you flying line length are same? Are your back lines attached to the longest knots on the bar leader lines?
There is no bridle update as such and the kite has been like that for the last 3 years without complaints.
Anyway there is a simple mod you can do to the front line pigtails just under the Speedsystem. Please see the pictures attached. Pull a knot in the grey pigtail line and either attach your flying line to the original knot again or if you still feel your kite is stalling back then attach the flying lines to the „new“ knot. I recon putting in the knot and attach the lines to the original knot will do the trick already. "

So this is an easy fix, jus shortening the front lines, but I just find it annoying that instead of working on a production fix to this problem, Ozone rather us making diy adjustment.

Noah, you had the same on your 8 and 15?
I have a Summit 8 and Frenzy 7 on their way, I ll post to tell if the problem exists or not with those 2 other kites.

Cheers,
M.

Return to “Snow / Land”