forum for snow- and landkiters

lopor
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: Ozone Frenzy 2015 11m, Catalyst 2014 9m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Snowkites Issue

Postby lopor » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Hardwater Kiter: Thanks for your answer. If the ultralight kite can last me 2-3 years without any problem (correct me if I am wrong), I´ll be fine. It will be my only kite (11m). The kite was cut by a ski, the damaged area is about 2,5 cm on the leading edge near the air inlets and it is fixed by 7 cm rounded sticker patch. Just a little nervous as I am not used to buy second hand items and it is difficult to find any details about the ultralight kites. As said above, I´d like the kite to last next 3 years...

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: New England. So much better than moldy Old England.
Style: Adapt and overcome.
Gear: Foils and skis.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, Flysurfer,HQ kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:53 pm

That doesn't sound too bad at all Lopor. More concerning are injuries to kites that are caused by tree encounters, ice snags or over pressure damage that occurs when a kite whips into the surface leading edge down. Resulting in obvious blown out cells but also damaged internal cross bracing etc... A clean cut is usually an easy patch job and tends to be durable with no affect on the kite's performance.

Mr. Moon. Bar specs can be found here. http://www.hardwaterkiter.com/ozone-r1.html. Also we can provide any length line you require either as an additional item or replacing the stock lines that come on a given bar. As far as gliding goes, I don't glide my kites but there are plenty of people who have been gliding on the Chrono 1 with great success. The Chrono v.2 IMO has more lift the the original and snaps a turn faster if that is an indicator.

JanneR I hear you on the islands. Without long lines many of the places we ride would be unreachable do to the lack of wind in channels, some not even a line length wide. But a 30-40m+ line set getting into the gradient above the trees and you can really ride some amazing places. I love the technical aspect of that kind of flying. And good point about the lack of drag on the racelines. I don't use race lines myself but use Q-Power Pro which reduces steering lag in long lengths.

I can imagine the 50m+ lines can be pretty exciting when you need to get to the edge of the window in an emergency. :D

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone

Postby mr moon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Hardwater:

How do you compare the new Chrono V2 with the FS Speed 4 Lotus? :o

cheers buddy :thumb:

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, Flysurfer,HQ kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 pm

That's a good question. The Lotus is more of freeride kite than the Chrono 2 even though the Chrono 2 is now a more "all rounder". For my tastes I prefer the Chrono 2, faster moving and better at upwind. The Speed 4 lotus has a broader wind range IMO with a better usable top end than the Chrono 2.

Gust handling IMO is about the same. Raw grunt in a given size seems better (if you like grunt) in the Chrono 2. Turn rates seem pretty close though I can't say for sure because I haven't flown them directly side by side and haven't seen a S4 Lotus in the air lately.

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone

Postby mr moon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Hardwater Kiter wrote:That's a good question. The Lotus is more of freeride kite than the Chrono 2 even though the Chrono 2 is now a more "all rounder". For my tastes I prefer the Chrono 2, faster moving and better at upwind. The Speed 4 lotus has a broader wind range IMO with a better usable top end than the Chrono 2.

Gust handling IMO is about the same. Raw grunt in a given size seems better (if you like grunt) in the Chrono 2. Turn rates seem pretty close though I can't say for sure because I haven't flown them directly side by side and haven't seen a S4 Lotus in the air lately.
In a few sentences you've answered all my questions :thumb:

And Chrono 2 15m will be :D ...can't wait to put my hands on it!

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:08 pm

If you don't have a dealer already, we are running a special on Chronos till the end of the month. Check out Hardwaterkiter. Com for more info.

Return to “Snow / Land”