World snowkite contest Alto Sangro 2016
Some important news:
- Registration to the single races: although the championship will take a week we decided to make the registrations also for single days to give everyone the opportunity to participate in the event
The inscription will cost 50 euros (also for one day) and it will be the prize money of the race overall. We provide for you a skipass for free and good condition for the hotels.
- Use and possession of ARTVA: the races will be carried out on all spots of the ski area, some areas as 5 miglia and Vallefredda are not at risk avalanches for that reason we will require the transceiver only to participate in the race to be held at Aremogna .
- Kitetracker developed the perimeter and today we can say that the system works very precisely.
Please make sure to have:
- The medical certificate for sport activity
- Smart Phone with kitetracker
- GPS (optional)
- A.R.V.A / A.R.V.T.A
- Warm clothes
The format of the competition is simple: no fixed route. Each rider has gps system will have to make more km, in the allotted time, more variations in altitude and more perimeter.
Main parameters for the scoring system of the World Snowkite contest.
– Distance x 1
– Changes in altitude from x 10
– Perimeter of the track x 3
SYSTEM ANALYSIS OF GPS DATA:
Kitetracker.com will calculate your parameter settings when the data will be uploaded. If you have a traditional GPS you can also upload your track on Kitetracker.com.
We invite you to download the app kitetracker available for i-phone and android and start training.
SERVICES FOR ALL RIDERS:
– Skipass for 1 week for freepossible spot
– 50 euro subscription cost
– discount for the hotels
The competition does not have gps predetermined routes and each rider decides according to their possibilities the way to go. For this reason, the organization can’t limit the spot in amplitude but will indicate some major dangers but can not predict signs all over the spot. Each rider must be aware of the risks involved. Is advisable to study the spot before the race and eventually arriving in previous periods to test the field.