Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

HQ montana 9 for beginners?

forum for snow- and landkiters


foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 am
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby foilholio » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:48 pm

but they do. Adam and Aurora are pretty good, A15 is awesome, Blaze 3 and Aurora 2 look cool.

User avatar
Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: New England. So much better than moldy Old England.
Style: Adapt and overcome.
Gear: Foils and skis.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, Flysurfer,HQ kites.
Location: North Conway NH. USA
Contact:

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:46 am

Not everyone can afford the main brands. Everyone wants to "grow the sport" but apparently only with people that can afford a bigger name high end product? When I got started I couldn't afford Ozones which was pretty much the only brand marketing snow kites at the time. The HQ Montana 1 and the original Apex were affordable (by comparison) and allowed a lot of riders access to Kiting locally. Pansh is starting to fill a segment that HQ filled a little over a decade ago. If you don't like Pansh, fine don't buy it. If one of my students wants to buy a kite and can't afford what we sell, I don't have an issue with helping them pick a Pansh no more than a good used kite. If the A15 is any indication of where Pansh is going, and if they can get their quality control, I think they could start to impact sales of bigger brands. Maybe they don't offer all the performance that some other brands do but I would wager that many of the people that can afford the premium brands rarely make use of the performance the kite is capable of.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Many
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Near Moscow

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby corbett » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:52 am

Hardwater Kiter wrote:Not everyone can afford the main brands. Everyone wants to "grow the sport" but apparently only with people that can afford a bigger name high end product? When I got started I couldn't afford Ozones which was pretty much the only brand marketing snow kites at the time. The HQ Montana 1 and the original Apex were affordable (by comparison) and allowed a lot of riders access to Kiting locally. Pansh is starting to fill a segment that HQ filled a little over a decade ago. If you don't like Pansh, fine don't buy it. If one of my students wants to buy a kite and can't afford what we sell, I don't have an issue with helping them pick a Pansh no more than a good used kite. If the A15 is any indication of where Pansh is going, and if they can get their quality control, I think they could start to impact sales of bigger brands. Maybe they don't offer all the performance that some other brands do but I would wager that many of the people that can afford the premium brands rarely make use of the performance the kite is capable of.
But you overlook one very important factor in possibly recommending a pansh depower kite to your students in that Pansh offers no spares whatsoever.

They can buy a pansh but they'll become overwhelmed when a rope needs replaced and by that time the line has changed length so they have no accurate measurement as no one told them they needed to measure some rope when the kite was new.

I can cope with this but a newcomer will become overwhelmed with wear issues.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Many
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Near Moscow

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby corbett » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:16 am

The cost issue is NOT kites, it's depower kites being forced onto newcomers and hey, these can be complicated and require a shitload of maintainance eventually. All that wear for my 4mm access? hardly worth the hassle.

What's wrong with a 5m beamer? nothing but not much profit in that.

Bring back fixed bridles for newcomers!!!!!!!

Keep it simple!

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Many
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Near Moscow

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby corbett » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:22 am

P.S Foilholio is offering to suck dick for a15 original speed system measurements.

windrider1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:51 am
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: NY

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby windrider1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:20 am

I'm all for cheap kites and getting people into the sport but I'm never gonna support pansh and their depower kites. been burned twice and I'm sure a lot of others have also, its not a nice feeling to spend a few hundred dollars on a kite and then it flies like crap and u cant figure out whats wrong with it and the company dosent respond. I wish someone else would step up to the table and make affordable kites but right now there is none, pants kites have been selling these defective depower kites for over 10 years now give me a break. my first crappy experience was with a blaze kite and that was may be close to 10 years ago and they still put out random defective kites with every batch of kites -when will people admit this company dosent give a sh*t about what it sells to people.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 am
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby foilholio » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:27 am

Seriously windrider your like a train you stuffed the brakes up on. You got your money back for the Genesis, you didn't know how to tune it, which is much the same issue you had with the speed5, you can't even point to where someone gave a "rave" review for it which you claimed and is BS I think. You must have very little contact with kites because I can tell you I have seen both Peterlynn and Flysurfer make worse kites than Pansh! And complaining about 10 year old kites really? Did you not see some of the shit floating around 10 years ago? And what sort of person drives a luxury car and gets upset over $200? Sure it is not nice but you got your money back!!!

No one is claiming Pansh is perfect or has any customer service at all :-)lol. But they do make some good kites, unlucky you haven't tried any.

Hardwater Kiter wrote:Not everyone can afford the main brands. Everyone wants to "grow the sport" but apparently only with people that can afford a bigger name high end product? When I got started I couldn't afford Ozones which was pretty much the only brand marketing snow kites at the time. The HQ Montana 1 and the original Apex were affordable (by comparison) and allowed a lot of riders access to Kiting locally. Pansh is starting to fill a segment that HQ filled a little over a decade ago. If you don't like Pansh, fine don't buy it. If one of my students wants to buy a kite and can't afford what we sell, I don't have an issue with helping them pick a Pansh no more than a good used kite. If the A15 is any indication of where Pansh is going, and if they can get their quality control, I think they could start to impact sales of bigger brands. Maybe they don't offer all the performance that some other brands do but I would wager that many of the people that can afford the premium brands rarely make use of the performance the kite is capable of.
That is a very respectable and decent opinion you have there hardwaterkiter! Especially from a reseller. On the teaching side there is only benefits to cheaper gear, and obvious benefits for everyone with better gear, economies of scale and all.
corbett wrote:But you overlook one very important factor in possibly recommending a pansh depower kite to your students in that Pansh offers no spares whatsoever.
Maybe he hasn't:-) Maybe he runs a repair business on the side knowing full well the spare demand from Pansh is going to get him that Mercedes LOL. Seriously though waiting weeks for spares out of Germany is not my idea of fun. Anyone with foil kites should have some rolls of line and know how to tie knots.
corbett wrote: Bring back fixed bridles for newcomers!!!!!!!
Come on we want the sport to grow not start killing people again. :-)
corbett wrote:P.S Foilholio is offering to suck dick for a15 original speed system measurements.
This is true I have been soliciting with PMs, I expect Toby to ban me any time soon. :-)

windrider1
Frequent Poster
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:51 am
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: NY

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby windrider1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:49 am

Hey foilhole . Wht do u feel the need to always bring up the fact i drive a luxury car . Does that have anything to do with kites in general. Dude ure so annoying with your i know it all rants its unbelievable . You pretend ro knw more about kites even more than the people that design and ride them for a living ex flysurger, peter lynn , demetri and so on.Honestly foilhole u may impress some noobs on this forum but im not impressed by your obnoxious rants and petty BS.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 am
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby foilholio » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:36 am

windrider1 wrote:Hey foilhole . Wht do u feel the need to always bring up the fact i drive a luxury car . Does that have anything to do with kites in general. Dude ure so annoying with your i know it all rants its unbelievable . You pretend ro knw more about kites even more than the people that design and ride them for a living ex flysurger, peter lynn , demetri and so on.Honestly foilhole u may impress some noobs on this forum but im not impressed by your obnoxious rants and petty BS.
Don't you think it's a bit weird driving a luxury car and buying a budget kite then complaining because you weren't happy with it and got a refund? Still waiting btw for you to point to this "rave" Genesis review! :-)

I never said I know more than any of the people you listed especially Peter Lynn. I may know some different things or have different opinions but certainly not more than them. I never knew I impressed anyone but thanks. I try to be helpful and state things as I see it. Have a nice day :-) Maybe you'll enjoy a Pansh kite one day too!

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Many
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Near Moscow

Re: HQ montana 9 for beginners?

Postby corbett » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:52 pm

The problem kiting with a luxury car is that when you get carted off to hospital, that cars gonna be left at the beach and nicked or smashed up by the time you're released lol.

Sorry to put that thought into your guys heads lol.


Return to “Snow / Land”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron