corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Many
Brand Affiliation: None

My landboard deck warped?

Postby corbett » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Hello,

To cut a long story short I've just fitted two brand new channel trucks to my used MBS board and like the old trucks, the board doesn't run straight. I thought the old previous plastic hanger was bent but it seems not.

Can my Powerlam (Fiberglass, Maple) MBS board be warped so that only 1 truck runs true(straight). It's wandering to the toe side direction and you can actually see the front trucks is squint.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: My landboard deck warped?

Postby plummet » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:30 pm

It could be the springs In the channels not set up completely even. Could be the mountining of the channel slighty offset, could be a deck twist

Does it matter at all?

Do You notice when riding?

If the mounting roles are not even you could ovalise them. Then set the truck straight and tighten.
If its the springs uneven, re-adjust.
If deck is twisted, New deck or don't bother if it doesn't affect riding.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton

Re: My landboard deck warped?

Postby edt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:18 pm

corbett wrote:Hello,

To cut a long story short I've just fitted two brand new channel trucks to my used MBS board and like the old trucks, the board doesn't run straight. I thought the old previous plastic hanger was bent but it seems not.

Can my Powerlam (Fiberglass, Maple) MBS board be warped so that only 1 truck runs true(straight). It's wandering to the toe side direction and you can actually see the front trucks is squint.
sounds like the board is a bit warped. I would drill out the holes a little bit bigger than usual so you can wiggle the truck around and then align the trucks properly reset them and then tighten it down. Make sure your have those adjusting screws on your channel trucks set right first of course.

Return to “Snow / Land”