Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Freshies On the Grand Mesa Colorado

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.
Brand Affiliation: None

Freshies On the Grand Mesa Colorado

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Got up Yesterday with my com-padre Todd. 30+ inches of Powder. Now you would think this is awesome especially with 15+ mph winds. But to small a board creates more issues than help. On my way to purchase an old used 173 see if its any improvement from my 161 ride. Also considering modifying an old wake board for snow. Anybody ever tried this? :nono:

Zackbones
Rare Poster
Gear: Frenzy 7, Summit 12

Re: Freshies On the Grand Mesa Colorado

Postby Zackbones » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm

I went to Snow Mesa yesterday and found good conditions. The snow was soft and with boot top penetration. Winds out of the Southwest and pretty consistent and then steady West at sunset. 12m kite worked great. Really good snow coverage up there compared to the Aspen area.

Zackbones
Rare Poster
Gear: Frenzy 7, Summit 12

Postby Zackbones » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Correction: GRAND Mesa above Powderhorn

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:37 am

S**t just missed you. Almost went up but didn't to tired driving back from the land of no snow BRECKENRIDGE LOL. Let's try to get together some time.

Return to “Snow / Land”