Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Guillaume Chastagnol (Chasta) joins the Flysurfer family

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Flysurfer News:

Guillaume Chastagnol (Chasta) joins the Flysurfer family

chasta-10.jpg

FLYSURFER Kiteboarding is proud to announce the addition of Guillaume Chastagnol to the FLYSURFER family. This snowkite legend and former Olympic athlete has helped to evolve snowkiting to where it is right now and is a perfect ambassador for the sport.

Chasta: “In 1998 I discovered kite sports, I tried it on both snow and water, even on a volcano (Mount Etna), and I’m in love with this sport since the beginning… It has given me wings!

Snowkite offers you the possibility to use the mountains in 3 dimensions, there is no need for a ski lift anymore. Quite fast after getting more into snowkiting I’ve been supported by sponsors like RedBull and Nitro snowboards which gave me the opportunity to push snowkiting more and travel around the world for it. I was able to win several world titles in snowkiting competitions after my snowboard carreer. (Chasta became 5th in the Nagano Olympic Games in Snowboard Half Pipe). My love for kitesurfing pushed me for years but I spent the last 4 years in my second home, Tahiti, to support my family, that is why I have not been in the mountains for a while, although kitesurfing still remained on my daily program.

Now am lucky to be supported by FLYSURFER kiteboarding and I could return to my roots and passion, snowkiting. It is so good to be back this year with so much snow in my garden, the Serre Chevalier valley where I spent so many great winter seasons. It’s also great to meet my good friends here who are still pushing the sport and help progress it even more.

chasta-3.jpg

FLYSURFER has evolved a lot the last years and I am super stoked to be flying their kites, I was very comfortable with them from the first flight. I first tried the PEAK3 single-skin foilkite for a freeride tour in Cervières, which is a perfect kite for safe and efficient backcountry sessions in high mountains. After I tried the SPEED5 for flying and freestyling at the Lautaret pass and I was hooked. During the Freestyle competition of SnowKiteMaster in Alpe d'Huez I used the STOKE which is great for freestyle and unhooked tricks.

My plan is to do more competitions this winter, including the Snowkite Roccarrasso freeride race and maybe a few others. Why not a trip to Mont Shasta?, a great mountain that almost has my name. I also hope to keep promoting the brand in the southern hemisphere, of course on the water in Tahiti and on snow in New Zealand. Why not further... Some snowkite clinics and progression weeks with me are planned for next season.”

The FLYSURFER team is very pleased and proud to have Chasta on board. Guillaume is one of the best snowkite rider out there and a very nice guy, always motivated for a chat, friendly ride or a pro event. It so good to see his smile back in the mountains.

www.flysurfer.de

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Re: Guillaume Chastagnol (Chasta) joins the Flysurfer family

Postby Dave_5280 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:22 pm

That’s great news! Thanks Flysurfer!

I’ve been missing Chasta’s old videos and I’m looking forward to watching the new ones.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Yes, his Snowkite videos are awesome!

Looking forward to more

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby FLandOBX » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 am

Chasta da' Masta'. Dude has mega-skills. It will be fun to see what he does with Flysurfer. I am a fan. :thumb:

JamesB
Rare Poster
Gear: North and Ion
Brand Affiliation: North
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JamesB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:11 am

Welcome back to the spotlight Chasta! We've missed your fluid style!

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:42 am

Thought he had his own company? Didnt it work out?

JamesB
Rare Poster
Gear: North and Ion
Brand Affiliation: North
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JamesB » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 am

plummet wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:42 am
Thought he had his own company? Didnt it work out?
Rapace Kites. Not sure what happened there. Tough industry and lots of moving parts to manage to make it all work and be successful.

Sounds like he found a good home with Flysurfer after a long ride with Ozone.

Return to “Snow / Land”