Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Please Help a New Kite Boarder

Forum for snow- and landkiters
shinglepro
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby shinglepro » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:27 pm

I want to make a kite purchase before winter. I learned how to fly a kite with the B-2. Now I want a good kite that will pull me through some powder in good wind, and hard pack with a lighter wind. I weigh 210lbs. I'm thinking I would like a larger kite that i can depower or slowdown easily and safely. Any suggestions? Size, brand, etc...

Also do you guys ever fly these bigger kites on regular dry land? If so how do you keep it from blowing you away?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinglepro on 2002-10-12 00:28 ]</font>

shinglepro
Rare Poster

Postby shinglepro » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:38 pm

Also. What kind of harness should I get? What is the best harness for Winter? Where do I get one?

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:42 pm

Shinglepro, Look at the ARCs. No bridle to get tangled in the ice-covered snow. Four line for good depower, power, and easy to fly!

These kites setup and fill so easily and you can also use them on the water. Standard ARCs also have an auto-zenith characteristic. If you eat snow, your kite will fly up over your head and sit there waiting for you to go again. You can also back the kite down to the ground with ARCs TE down (by flying it backwards). This way if you want to rest, you can just back it down and leave it there while you relax. Of you can reverse launch the kite from the ground LE-down by simply flying it backwards up off the ground. These kites are the best for land flying and since they are foils, they take a beating and keep on flying. They fly well to the edge of the window, too, so you can go upwind more easily than a bridled foil, which sits more in the window, than at the edge.

Maybe someone else can recommend another good kite for you. In terms of harnesses, seat might be the way to go. I use a seat in the winter to stop the harness from riding up when kite snowboarding with a jacket on. Check out the prolimit kite-seat harnesses. They are good. I just switched from selling DaKine to Prolimit and ride prolimit, myself.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Return to “Snow / Land”