How to get snow out from the kite?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Lenze
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Lenze » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:23 am

I have a 4.9m2 Blade II. The problem is that when I've been flying it for a while on the ice of an lake it gets full of snow. While it's snowing at the same time it gets filled even sooner. There doesn't need to be much snow inside and the kite gets really difficult to control.

So do you have any advice - how to get the snow out from the kite most efficiently while still outdoors? I would like to fly it longer than an hour..

TIA,

_____
Lenze

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:08 pm

if you are using handles then its dead easy.

using the braking, turn the kite upside down, as if you were relaunching from a nose down crash, using only the brakes. carefull not to accelerate it into the ground at this point, and give the handles a good couple of pumps, this should shift it. it works with sand.

this is way harder than it sounds to perform.
as the kite is upside down so left is right but with practice its an easy manouver.

Lenze
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Lenze » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:39 am

Yeah, I'm using handles to fly it. Thanks for the advice - I'll try it next time.

This doesn't work for wet snow for sure - I had trouble getting some 1kg of wet snow out from my kite indoors.. Had to use hot water to melt it out from the kite.

I heard Blade 3 is going to have some system for opening the net covering the ventilation so that one can remove any snow, sand etc. which has got inside the kite.

I also heard that learning to master the reverse launch of the kite helps in not getting too much snow inside :wink:

_____
Lenze

Return to “Snow / Land”