Forum for snow- and landkiters
redsc1
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby redsc1 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:52 pm

Hi

I already kiteboard but am new to mountain boarding. I have just bought my first mountain board and have a couple of questions (sorry if they have already been covered before)…

1. What sort of maintenance does the board require, and what tools do you recommend (my board is an APT Abyss)
2. What pump and air gauge would you recommend for the tyres

Thanks for your help…

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:26 am

i never thought about the air pressure question but if you're jumping, you don't want them too inflated. it'll make you bounch on landing. i think my 8 in diameter wheels have 15 psi in them. you want just enought to keep form and to keep you from bogging down in the sand. it also depends on your weight, and the speed you want to ride.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:39 am

Hi Redsc1
Most of my boarding is on grass so i run my tyres at 25-35 psi.It depends on the suface and how much speed you want.The apt board is a fast board and i found turning to toeside hard at the start, everything new and all. Riding downwhill without kite helped loosen things nicely. Rotate your springs every so often and keep an eye on your footstaps and kingpin bolt they come loose sometimes.
Enjoy.

Return to “Snow / Land”