C Quad vs Peel

Forum for snow- and landkiters
BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:30 am

Yeah C Quads can be hard to pack and the spars can break often when crashed heaps... common when learning to fly C Quads

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:38 am

KiteGlider wrote:Hi, Wilson.

I fly a 8.5 Cquad for surfing and on the beach for fun. (Saving up for a buggy with ballon tires.)

I think that everyone's very impressed with the power and control with 4 line handles.
I use a home made bar for surfing. The leader lines are 1m ropes, easy to grab and fly almost like handles.

Only problem is going though a couple sets of spars while learning to fly.

That wouldn't bother me except now I'm finding it almost impossible to find the replacement spars. Been searching and emailing for over a week now.
Sad but the Cquads are not easily repairable.
Very cheap though. 8.5s are down to U$325.00

Help!!! Anyone know how to order replacement CQuad spars in the US?
Cheers,
KG

I hope you have better luck than I do.... they are still quite popular and very easy to fix and aren't as finicky when being repaired as tube kites etc... and due to their strange design and impressive features they don't date like other kites so there is hope. I was able to get spares for my 4.2m cquad and my 8.5m cquad but not my 6.3m C Quad... which I haven't used for 18 months now.... I'm gonna give those metal sleeve thingys a go and see if that works as I have bit of leading edge spar left over form past repairs.....

From the country that C Quads were born in :thumb:

Return to “Snow / Land”