Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Position of kite?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Position of kite?

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:47 pm

I was out yesterday with my 840 Arc in about 25 kilometres/hr wind. Since I'm fairly light and the snow was very hard packed I found that it was a handful to keep my speed in check. I've read that when overpowered to sheet out the Arcs and to keep the kite low so that you can edge hard. This, of course, shoots the kite to the edge of the window where there is less pull.

Sounded great but it still didn't help much in this wind for my size. I just kept accelerating.

What I found did work was to fly the kite not close to the ground but higher up- maybe 70 degrees or so. I found that I could turn the power on by dropping it lower or turn the power off by raising it. I also found that in this position it was perfectly suited to jumping.

Does this make sense? Am I doing the opposite of what I should be doing to control speed? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Brad (Nfld)

tazz
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

re

Postby tazz » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:49 am

Hi Brad
What your doing sound ok.
As long as when you raise your kite your not lifted into the air when you don,t want to be.
I was told & this does work, when the wind is that strong when you raise the kite it picks you up this is when you want to fly it as low as possible & out to the edge of the window. When this does,nt work get a smaller kite up.
You guys still have all that snow. PEI has melted I was kite skating all weekend ( more dangerous than skiing.)
Tazz

Eric S
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Eric S » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:40 pm

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S

Return to “Snow / Land”