Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

please rate this kite

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

please rate this kite

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:46 pm

I'm thinking of getting into buggying and like the blade 2 but had a quick look on ebay and i found the Powerfoil 5.0 and it looks like it does the same job. please see

http://goflyakite.com/sk_frameless.html

honest replies please

Finktankfunk
Rare Poster

Postby Finktankfunk » Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:16 am

I think you could do a lot better. Go fly a kite stuff is expensive vs its quality. the kite will work and if the price is right go for it. The powerfoil is an older design that pulls alot weather you want it to or not. If you have the money buy the newest designs of kites you will have better control of power. Powering up when you need it instead of just being taken for a ride. Low aspect kites are easier to fly but high aspects have better control because handle input has more effect on higher aspect kites. Basicly if your kites profile is 3 ft. and your handles/powerstrap are 1 ft long you have so much abilty to control its angle/loft. If the kites profile was 1ft long with the same handles you have more effect on the kite. therefore two kites of equal surface the higher aspect will depower easier letting you use that much more kite before you loose control.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:19 am

The Blade2 is a good allround kite but not the best suited for buggying due to its strong lift. For jumping, scudding and pure flying it's a super kite though. Forget about the Powerfoils - these are just toys.
If you're on a budget i suggest you take a closer look at Firebee from Rhombus and C-quad from Peter Lynn. Both kites are well suited for buggying but apart from that they are very different.

:-) LdoubleJ

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:26 am

Hmmmm...forgot to tell why strong lift is a bad thing when buggying!
The lift is the amount of pull you get in the same direction as the flying lines. When you start your buggy and have the kite well forward in the direction of motion there's no problem and you will get a good acceleration. But as you pick up speed the kite will gradually move more and more towards the middle of the windwindow and pull the buggy more and more sideways scrubbing of lots of speed.

:-) LdoubleJ

yopro213
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby yopro213 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:08 pm

Hey,

I own a shop and we carry flexifoil products. We have the brand new flexifoil Bullet in stock. This is flexifoils choice kite for buggying. This is the kite that I would recommend to you. You can get them cheaper than the Blade II and they come complete with kite, bag, control handles, lineset, a pair of kite killers, flexifoil sticker, one month repair card, and a manual. So basically you get everything you need to fly with this kite. Here is what flexifoil has to say about the kite:

One of the most exciting developments in traction technology, the Bullet is an all-new, ram-air kite design for 2003.

Powerful yet easy to handle, the four sizes in the Bullet range are suitable for beginners and pros alike. Great for both
buggying and kite landboarding, the Bullet comes ready to fly with either a bar for two line use or handles for four line
use.

Many innovative features ensure that the Bullet is truly user-friendly including innovative 'croc-grips' that secure the
bridle attachment points to the trailing edge and enable self-launch whilst minimizing bridle tangles.

If you would be interested in more information on the kite like price and color availability, please email me at yopro213@kc.rr.com. I also have pictures of the kite contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Tyler Richenberger
yopro213@kc.rr.com

.:TheBeest:.
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:59 pm

If your on a tight budget, you could go for the PKD Buster, or HQ Beamer.
Otherwise id go for a Blade/Bullet.

Return to “Snow / Land”