All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dawn Patrol on a massive plate
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Gang,
just wanted to share a session I just finished on Lake Champlain in Vermont, USA, about an hour ago. We still have a couple of feet of ice. Wiind blowing about 25 kts. Ice surface has no snow, but was somewhat softened by the above freezing temps. I laid out my lines in near darkness, and then launched my 9 meter Mach 1. Unblievable speed ripping back and forth as the sun finally made its way above the horizon. No humans in sight. High speed transitions where it felt like I was bungee jumping in the horizontal. Man... this is what its all about. I beat my boss to work at 8:00 am, despite my half hour commute. Life is good!

Gary

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:10 am 
Me Too...

Just finished up the most unexpected session a couple hours ago.

I took my 16m Rhino 2 out to a farmers field this morning to finish building a reverse bridle. Seeing as the wind was dead calm I thought it would be a good time to get this chore out of the way before my next session. No sooner had I finished the bridle than a sweet little breeze came out of the north at 20-25.

Perfect....

On went the harness and board and I got to have a completely unexpected 4 hour session in a t-shirt, no gloves and track pants. Amazing sunny day, light fluffy spring time clouds, nice and warm, huge beautiful undulating field, nice hard surface on the snow for huge speed but just soft enough that it would give when I carved. Jumping hay bales, racing cars along the road at the side of the field, at points 3- 4 cars stopped on the road to watch.

Best session of the season!! Damn I love this stuff!!!

[ 2 posts ]