Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

mountainboard or dirtsurfer for kiting ???

forum for snow- and landkiters

Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ikan » Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:57 pm

What mountainboard is good for kiting on sand on the beach ? Its hard sand, so what tiresand should it have ? Anybody tried out the dirtsurfer ? looks good !

make dust !

Rare Poster

Postby SiCBOY » Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:03 pm

Mountain boards probably better, Ive just bought a s/h Dirtsurfer but havent had chance to try it yet, problem is the Dirtsurfer only goes 1 way (the steering wheels at the front)so if you want to go backwards youve gotta get off and swap to the other side !

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:07 am

A mountainboard is much better. I had a dirtsurfer and it wasn't much fun. It was a difficult to get started because you had to balance way to much. I went to and purchased an MBS Comp16. Works a lot better. Now I can go both ways too!

Rare Poster

Postby toperu » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:21 am

You definently have to use a dirtsurfer with a kite it allows you to go upwind and hold down your edge because its a thinner board. We've reached speeds of 30-40 miles on a dirtsurfer with a kite.

A dirtsurfer has the ability to boost so big and do tricks like candlesticks, double backflips and one-footers

Plus the decks flex which allows you to hold in you edge more for max boost. It doesn't really take that long to get started on a dirtsurfer with a kite just practice going down hills.

Check out the site

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:24 pm

The only downside with a mountain board is long grass, where you need to modify the board to handle larger, thinner tires. For hard packed sand, stock comp 16 tires work really well.

Rare Poster

Postby skyhippie » Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:15 pm

Aren't dirtsurfers unidirectional ?
What about the weight ?

Return to “Snow / Land”