Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Takoon Skoop2 Tunning

forum for kitesurfers

Takoon Skoop2 Tunning

Postby Guest » Sun May 11, 2003 10:36 pm

Is it normal for the backlines to be so slack when you are fully depowered with the skoop 2? the backlines are so slack that the kite doesnt respons at all, and it is quiet unstable to...

Anyone with tips and hints in tunning takoon skoop2??

nicolassss
Rare Poster

Postby nicolassss » Mon May 12, 2003 7:21 am

hi,
a good trimming for skoop2 is with the back lines not slack.
You have to reduce the length of the back lines because they are too long. It's the same for all kites. More you use the depower ability of your kite (with the adjustement strap of the back lines length) and less is maneuverable. The skoop2 have a great depower ability (one of the best of the market), then you have to much depower for riding. I think you have not enough power for riding and jumping. Look at the back lines length (on its bar it's easy to trim), reducing them.
Ride easy,
nick

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kjelleren » Mon May 12, 2003 12:19 pm

On my Scoop 2 17meter, I have it set up so that when the wind is about 15 kts, that the backlines will go slack when the bar is half-way to me and the strap is almost comlpletely tightened. With the bar pulled in to the chicken loop, the tips still flare.

Be careful about shortening your back lines, you could lose your depower. This kite is a front line flyer. As the wind speed picks up, you will want to be more on the fronts. Lower windspeed dictates a bit of backline tension.

howi
Rare Poster

Postby howi » Mon May 12, 2003 3:02 pm

I have been kiting for a coulpe of years and know howe to tune my kites, but the problem is, when I have just perfekt tunning when riding powered, fully powered the tips are just beginning to move out, the backlines are whay to slack when fully depowered.

I have been thinking about shorten the depower-chiken-loop-line with a coulpe of centimetres, then I will have less slacker lines and its much more fun to ride with an smal bar range

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon May 12, 2003 3:14 pm

some kites have only a very small depower since they don't need more.
So kite X mayb just need 20 cm depower for full depower and full power.
If you use a longer depower or different bar, the performance of the kite is different. Try to shorten the depower and see how it works.

Greets
Toby

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Mon May 12, 2003 3:15 pm

Howi,
Under the neoprene covers on the ends of your bar you will find a series of knots... shorten the back lines to the 3rd knot and you will find the skoop will be tuned much better.

Don't know why they don't come set like this out the bag.

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjelleren » Mon May 12, 2003 3:36 pm

My kite came on the middle knot. I moved it out to the last knot to lengthen the back lines. Last night it was blowing 12-20 and the this position gave me lots of room for depower, but pulled way in caused the tips to flare dramatically. There is alot of chicken loop range on the Skoop 2 Dreambar. I like it this way. Tons of versitility as your kite rips through its gyrations. I definately agree that you should be able to pull in the bar and have the backlines tighten.

Gary

Return to “Kitesurfing”