Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

how to get pop without moving the kite

forum for kitesurfers

how to get pop without moving the kite

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:55 am

How do you guys jump without moving the kite. I have done this quite some times but I really don't know how i did it :roll: i'm looking forward to hearing your tips
Cheers

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V4, 9/14 Enduro, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M Axis 5'7" Kapua, 5'4" New Wave, Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Re: how to get pop without moving the kite

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:24 am

[quote="guest2"]How do you guys jump without moving the kite. I have done this quite some times but I really don't know how i did it :roll: i'm looking forward to hearing your tips
Cheers[/quote]

Carve away from the kite, and release. It is quite simple, as if you are trying to point even higher upwind, then suddenly release this pressure, flattening the board off and using your legs to start the pop/jump.

h2oslider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby h2oslider » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:21 am

The best way to learn how to do that is to get out at a cable park and learn. The pull is really similar and the falls don't hurt at all. Plus you can concentrate on loding your edge without having to worry about what the kite is doing.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:46 am

Easiest when superlit. Just ollie your board and you'll do this nice floaty jump. As mentioned before it's best when superlit, your landing will be nice and soft. Oh yes and make sure the kite is overhead (with slight forward pull from it)

Stan
Medium Poster

Postby Stan » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:00 am

No way dude,

To do it right you have to have your kite below 45 degrees or else the kite is still pulling you up. You just need to be powered, the more powered you are the faster you go, and the lower your kite can be. The lower your kite is, the more intense your trick feels, and looks, and you have more fun with it.

All you have to do is bear off a bit to draw your kite backwards into even more power, then edge as hard as you can away for a second till you feel a shitload of pull, this is when you ollie off your back foot and get booted. The forwards movement of the kite pulls you through really fast and you hit the water really hard with heaps of speed. Obviously a flatter board with a nice big tip like an SX will pet you higher.

The best feeling in kiting is hitting the water faster than when you left it. This should only ever be attempted unhooked, because.

The Lepper
Rare Poster

Postby The Lepper » Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:48 am

Seaweed -

Weak dude, that is so fucking weak you guys.

Shame

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:21 pm

The Lepper wrote:Seaweed -

Weak dude, that is so fucking weak you guys.

Shame
What is ?

seriously dude

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:05 am

fuck up, that was u wif ur SX.
dont blame me fag.

theshakyone
Rare Poster

Postby theshakyone » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:10 am

h2oslider are you jokin' about cable tows not hurting when you fall?? Im just learning to ralee, take it from me, when you land face first it hurts! I have had a couple of eyelid peelers which left me looking like........ :o

Stan
Medium Poster

Postby Stan » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:43 am

xxxxxx

Return to “Kitesurfing”