Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Toro II Riders-Which settings are you using?

forum for kitesurfers

Toro II Riders-Which settings are you using?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:02 am

After originally reading to use the MAX Power setting and EQUAL lines (bar to kite in normal riding position) to get the most out of these kites, I've heard and read that the DE Power pigtail setting and slack back lines may give the kite its best performance. I am looking for any feedback from riders currently using the 16 and 12 sizes, are you happy with the kite and what settings are you using? After using Rhino 2 all winter I thought I'd try Toro to get more range. Due to lack of wind I haven't got to fly these kites and experiment with the settings. I've been using my Rhino 20 with no complaints, the best big kite out there. Any advice would be welcome.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Toro II Riders-Which settings are you using?

Postby Dwight » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:16 am

Anonymous wrote:After originally reading to use the MAX Power setting and EQUAL lines (bar to kite in normal riding position) to get the most out of these kites, I've heard and read that the DE Power pigtail setting and slack back lines may give the kite its best performance. I am looking for any feedback from riders currently using the 16 and 12 sizes, are you happy with the kite and what settings are you using? After using Rhino 2 all winter I thought I'd try Toro to get more range. Due to lack of wind I haven't got to fly these kites and experiment with the settings. I've been using my Rhino 20 with no complaints, the best big kite out there. Any advice would be welcome.
Good timing :lol:

Jaime Herriaz (super nice guy) was just here. He told me he uses the DEpower pigtail a lot, while Ken Winner uses the power pigtail. There is no correct answer. Use what you like best. I like the power pigtail on the 12. I think I like the DEpower pigtail on the 16 better.

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Hernan » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:51 am

Power pigtail is tha backmost LE one?[/img]

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Hernan » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:51 am

Power pigtail is tha backmost LE one?

Return to “Kitesurfing”