Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kineret

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kineret

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:13 am

בשבוע שעבר ביקרתי בדיימונד ,האמת שהרוח מתחילה להראות אותות של כניסת העונה ובגדול מאידך תנאי החוף ירדו בצורה קיצוניית ,לכל אלו הגולשים שלא תמיד מצליחים לחדד הייתי ממליץ לחשוב פעמיים לפני הכניסה למים מאחר והיציאה במורד החוף מסוכנת ונעשיית בתוך ביצה של עיצים עשבים והמון בוץ ,ומאידך לכל הגולשים הטובים יותר שימו לב מתי מתחילה הרוח ליפול מאחר והיציאה דרך הסבך הזה אינה נעימה בלשון המעטה

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: kineret

Postby BigSmelly » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:16 am

נתי wrote:בשבוע שעבר ביקרתי בדיימונד ,האמת שהרוח מתחילה להראות אותות של כניסת העונה ובגדול מאידך תנאי החוף ירדו בצורה קיצוניית ,לכל אלו הגולשים שלא תמיד מצליחים לחדד הייתי ממליץ לחשוב פעמיים לפני הכניסה למים מאחר והיציאה במורד החוף מסוכנת ונעשיית בתוך ביצה של עיצים עשבים והמון בוץ ,ומאידך לכל הגולשים הטובים יותר שימו לב מתי מתחילה הרוח ליפול מאחר והיציאה דרך הסבך הזה אינה נעימה בלשון המעטה
You would not recomend to those who do not always stay upwind to surf there? I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that anyone who cannot ALWAYS stay upwind, do not try to surf there.

Was at Diamond on Wednesday. f*** the beach is small. Tiny!!! Compared to last year.... Unbelievable. The trees and bushes in the water do not disturb too much, but the fact that the beach is tiny, rocky, thorny, slippery and used as a parking lot, makes it a lot more dangerous than last year. Also downwind, you have maybe 100m, max, until you get into real trouble.

Besides this the wind was great. Started off about 14 / 15 knots, with a few gusts to 18 / 19, I went in with 15m Caution. Had a good time, until the wind picked up a bit more and I got overpowered. Normally, this is OK, but knowing that the beach is so small and dangerous, I decided to come in and change kites, before the wind got stronger. Turns out I made the right choice, as the wind just got stronger - about 19 - 25knots, and Ocean Rodeo 9m was good fun.

I have to wonder what it was like on Friday and Saturday? If anywhere near the number of people tried to come as were around last year, end of season, it must have looked terrible...

Return to “Kitesurfing”