Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RHINO2 Setup

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

RHINO2 Setup

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:58 am

HI i am fun of this forum as i read many posts every day and found it very helpfull I would apreciate if you give me some advice about rhino 2 setup i weight 80 kg have a orly takoon 164 board and looking for to buy one of kiteproshop bar. I found one rhino2 20 in a very good price and i took it .Some posts made me afraid about this kite as i am only an intermediate rider(1 year kiting 12 windsurfing) I want to ride in very light winds as 7 to 14 knots but i dont know if this kite is too big for me and i had an option to give this kite and get one globerider lift 17 but i am not sure what to do .I think the kps bar is a good option ( is the kps 60 good size for r2 20 and takoon scoop2 14? or i should get the 55 ) for its safety and depower systems in order to help me control this big kite .I dont know if short lines as 23 or 25 help control more this kite.The front lines and back lines should have the same length?.Which is the best setup for depower for r2 20.The kps bar depower works good on r2 20?. It is difficult when you buy one kite to change it (extra money difficulty to sell) thats the reason i want to have a good kite that could last for a couple of years. thank you :thumb:

DP
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby DP » Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:56 pm

You should be alright with the R2 as long as you can edge hard. the 20 should have a better low end than the other kites mentioned, but 14 knots average might be a little much on the high end. either bar should work fine as this kite tuns fast. and finally short lines (23m for me)do help to control (lessen) the power of the kite.

DP

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:14 pm

the Rhino2 20 is a great kite and I think still in 2 years a good kite.
Great for light winds.
I use the kiteproshop.com bar with it in size 55cm.
60 will be ok as well for the 20 and 14. Depends what you prefer as a size for a bar.

I fly all kites with this bar and have 27m lines, which is a good lenght for all my kites.

I don't know your weight, otherwise the R2 20 can pull early and you need a good edge in higher winds.
It still is 20sqm to handle, but it handles nice and is perfect for learning new tricks.

Greets
Toby

bobbybill
Medium Poster

Postby bobbybill » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:31 pm

Code: Select all

lines as 23 or 25 help control more this kite.The front lines and back lines should have the same length?.Which is the best setup for depower for r2 20.The kps bar depower works good on r2 20?. It is difficult when you buy one kite to change it (extra money difficulty to sell) thats the reason i want to have a good kite that could last for a couple of 
I've ridden R2 in 8, 10, 12, 16, yours may be different, but i usually have front lines 2-4 inches shorter. I have my depower loop set so i can have front lines longer if i';m desperately underpowered, but the kite responds pretty poorly that way.

Resale value: I think the current generation of kites (X2/3, R2, 2003 blacktip) will keep value better than previous years (tho there are certain weak points, like where blacktips batten pockets end, you should reinforce them)

hwenn
Medium Poster

Front Trim???

Postby hwenn » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:32 pm

Anybody put their front lines on the power setting? I talked to a guy who did it on his Toro2 16, and he said it made the kite turn more quickly!

I'm a bit tentative to do it because of the tremendous power of the kite.

Any Experience?

Henrik

Return to “Kitesurfing”