Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

stubbie advice?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

stubbie advice?

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:11 am

Interested to know which size naish studdie people recommend? Does the smaller one require alot more wind than the 127, do they feel essentially the same or is the smaller one looser and less forgiving? Do not have the luxury of trying before I buy.

Am 75 kg and ride variety of flat water and messy chop/dumpy waves <1.5m, wind conditions varied but usually 15 knots to ballistic. Have a naish TT4.6 which I can sell to a mate and LFT for the light stuff. Will the stubbie ride much different to the TT4.6 does it need better board control?

And while I am here is there much difference between the naish stubbie and other similar models on the market?

thanks for any help
Bill

FR
Rare Poster

Underground SWT110

Postby FR » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:35 pm

Hi,

you should have a look at the Underground SWTs: http://www.undergroundkiteboards.com

90% of my riding-time I am using the SWT 110.
I am 82kg and use the gaastra GXR 10-19.5.

A very good board for experienced riders who want to have a lot of fun - no-foots are just to easy.

FR

maui
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby maui » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:27 pm

I rode the 127 naish stubby and as far as I am concerned I did not care for it. The rails are thicker than the board and it doesnt edge well at all.A 130 underground wave tray works way better. Chris Gilbert tried to ride one in the choppy waters at cabaret and he was just bouncing all over. The board is all hype unless your on a calm lake in light wind.

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:37 pm

I have not seen the 127 except in pictures but it is very wide at 43cm.

A board that wide is not going to edge well unless you are riding underpowered, especially if it has thick rails and if the rider is lightweight.

I bet the 115 is a much better all-around board for most riders. I know it is possible for a board this small to work well moderately powered with big kite, but since I haven't been able to try it I don't know how good of a job naish did on the design.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MissionMan » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:32 am

Try the catapult stubbies (that aaron hadlow uses). They are quite decent. Duraglide bottoms etc.

you can find them at http://www.catapultkiteboarding.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”