Forum for kitesurfers
eutanator
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I can't work in office any more!!!!!

Postby eutanator » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:03 am

...hm, I have enough of my job... I can't siting 10h in the office and waiting for weekend to realise myself that kitesurfing is all I need in my live! And I also can't stand this weekends when the wind not blow. I've got to do something to change my way of living or I will burn myself.
So, for the beginning I think that I should start to find some school where I could be an kiteinstructor. But I think that to find good job and be good in this job it's good to have some certificate.
What I would like to ask you is is my way of thinking right? (I mean to have some papers) The second q. is is it hard to find job like this and do they pay enough to live like a human? (now I'm financial analyst and my salary is quite good, but you now...money isn't the most important in mans live (or shouldn't be!)). And the last q. is - do you know some others solutions to work in this branch?

PS - don't tell anything to my bosses or they will give me some raise!! :thumb:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:48 pm

You could do what I do and work at a fast food joint.. that way you can pick your hours. However if you've got such a big salary, aren'tyou ready for retirement.. then you won't need to work at all....

But I know someone who was a kitesurfing instructor and he earned more money than I did per week and he was only "working" a few hours per week! Oh by the way he didn't have his own kitesurfing school... he worked for someone else and he's a good intermediate kiter so you don't need to be a pro or anything.

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:22 pm

Man I'm the same, 8 hrs a day in a glass box when my heart is out there rippin.

I am a telecomms eng and also get ok money, so what are we going to do ?

Shall we move to a lost island and start a kite hotel / destination ?

I have a perfect place.

CC
Very Frequent Poster

Postby CC » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:05 pm

The guys in Tarifa-Spain do it the right way. They open the shops at 10:00, work until 13:00, afterwards they can kite until 17:00 because the shops will only be opened again around 18:00 hrs. Finally around 21:00 hrs they have completed a hard working day and can go home. Next day same procedure. I could get used to it, but it's not possible in a big city !!

eutanator
Frequent Poster

Postby eutanator » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:21 pm

Eddy - I'm thinking exactly about the same issue - build a hotel for kitebuddies. I think that there are still a lot of great place where it could be built. I'm sure that the demand for such services prepared exactly for people involved into kiteculture is high enough and will be still growing. I know how to prepare a good bussines plan and get a credit (worked in 2 banks). Here on forum we can ask how people imagine the place thay would like to visit and enjoy it. The only issue is the money for entrance (banks in standards want some initial equity on 20% level of investment). I think that cost of investment on the beginning can tak ca 1-1.5m $ So we need at least 200-300t $
Let's talk about it! :dance:

eutanator
Frequent Poster

Postby eutanator » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:41 pm

CC
I don't know this guys and I do not judge them, but in Poland most of people living like that have this great job - "eternal son" - I haven’t opportunity like that and I was obliged to grow up. :(
So sometimes it's not, like it's look like...
But the best solution is to built a place with shop and school that's obvious
:pirate:

mickpilch
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mickpilch » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:43 pm

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote:Shall we move to a lost island and start a kite hotel / destination ?

I have a perfect place.

AHHH! KITEOPIA!!! :lol:

miksa
Medium Poster

Postby miksa » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:49 pm

Hi!

Same here..I live in Hungary and work in a fucking room 8hours a day. On Monday when I come here, at 8 o'clock I wish it was already friday, so that I can go to the lake (150km away). Of course I hate those weekends when there is not enoug hwind for my kites..that is riuned totally. What makes me not to loose any hope, is friends... they all windsurf or kite. So I wait "patiently" for the next weekend, and I am afraid, that november is here again, so I won't be able to kite for almost half a year!!! f*** can you imagine that??? I hate this fucked up land, hate my job, can't do what I like even in my freetime, and even my girlfriend makes drama all the time...how's gonna end this?? What am I still doing here?
:cry:

Sometimed I think all I need is two palm trees, a bed hanging between...and wind..every day, whenever I want...Nice Dream (just like my 16m F-One Dream).. but this country is just not meant for dreaming.
Anyway, we gonna have 2 days of wind.. I'm looking forward to it, but it's gonna strengthen this feeling in me. So guys! All of you living by the ocean, say a BIG BIG prayer, you're not living here.

Aloha,

Miksa
:cry:

:bye:

ps...if you make that hotel, can I be the one tiding the floor?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:58 pm

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote:Man I'm the same, 8 hrs a day in a glass box when my heart is out there rippin.

I am a telecomms eng and also get ok money, so what are we going to do ?

Shall we move to a lost island and start a kite hotel / destination ?

I have a perfect place.

My dream....
but you don't mean the spot you showed us a picture?

Greets
Toby

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:53 pm

Not a problem here in NZ. It's cheap to live, hence you don't need a high powered job to get by....

Return to “Kitesurfing”