Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Peter Lynn G-Arc?

forum for kitesurfers

Torch
Rare Poster

Peter Lynn G-Arc?

Postby Torch » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:54 pm

Can anyone tell me about the Peter Lynn G-Arcs. Flying caracteristics, how it compares to a rhino 2? Thanks

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kitedude » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:15 pm

it doesn't

mauidragon
Rare Poster

Postby mauidragon » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:26 pm

I fly the G13 and love it check this link
http://www.foils.nl/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=194

theflyingtinman
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Peter Lynn G-Arc?

Postby theflyingtinman » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:55 pm

Torch wrote:Can anyone tell me about the Peter Lynn G-Arcs. Flying caracteristics, how it compares to a rhino 2? Thanks
I fly a G-13 and G-18 and love them both, but I prefer when there's
enough wind for the G-13 as that is the sweetest kite I've ever flown.
:D :D :D

Steve T.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:52 pm

Kitedude wrote:it doesn't
so true! I fly the g18 and g13. The Guerillas have 4 lines and a bar and so do the rinos. That's probably the ned of similarities. the g has no bladders and inflates itself while you run out your lines. the g is not adversly affected by gust and does not fall out of the sky in a lull.
The g does not hindenburg and when you run way under it or down wind of it, it does not luff and collapase. It spreads it's wings as it drifts back into the power. I've not flown the rino you mention, so i can only compare the Guerilla with Wipi and Nash that i have flown--as well as other foils--Mosquito, JOjo, and Psycho. i've only loaned my Guerilla to one non-ARC pilot and he liked it for the short time he tried it. It all depends on what you're after.

Kolahi
Frequent Poster

Postby Kolahi » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:46 pm

I fly g-13 and g-18, best kites ever, super floaty and super high jumps, turns a beginner into a pro.
watch out all, too much talk about foils being great kites will lure Pump me up to spread his gospel about lei's. It's already bad enough that he has to contaminate every post(even ones that pretty much have NOTHING to do with foil vs inflatable) with his words of 'wisdom'. It's funny what money does to people nowadays =(.

Pogibro
Medium Poster

Postby Pogibro » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:40 am

I have the full line of Guerillas and I have a Rhino 2 20m. THe Rhino is the best inflatable that I have ever come across, and nothing in the Guerilla line can match the Rhino for low wind grunt. It turns well, is quite stable (for an inflatable), has a huge range, and can stay up in very light wind. A real banner kite for North!! But... when the wind comes on, the Guerillas are amazing! There is nothing... NOTHING... that can even come close to a Guerilla for stability. If you haven't tried one... you just don't know. When these kites are flown in the upper end of their range, they are a blast. Especially the smaller ones. Big floaty jumps with looooong hang time. If you stuff a jump, they simply do not fall out of the sky. I prefer to ride the Guerillas, but if you can put a Rhino 2 20m in your quiver, along with a couple of PL Guerillas you will be a happy kiter.

damo
Medium Poster

Postby damo » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:08 pm

G13 the rocks, my other kites are Rhinos and are great but once you ride this you feel yiucan try anything board offs the lot cos u know it wont spank you if you f~ck up . Better kiting overnight . COOL :thumb:

Krash
Rare Poster

Postby Krash » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:32 pm

RE:watch out all, too much talk about foils being great kites will lure Pump me up to spread his gospel about lei's.

Surely you mean lies about LEI's ? :lol: ??
Krash

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:50 am

I also love my G-13.

As for flight characteristics, it has a unique but VERY cool quality that I call "auto pilot", which keeps the kite going in the same direction for a VERY long time with no pilot input, even if the lines go slack. This means it will stay overhead while you adjust your footstraps, & it will stay at whatever height you park it, even if you wipe out, or make the lines go slack by losing your edge or turning straight downwind (or even PAST downwind - perpendicular to the lines - great for wave riding). It also can fly WAY back behind you without crashing (in very gusty winds, or when screwing up jumps).

Return to “Kitesurfing”