Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F One's - Mach 1's Blowing out LE anyone ?

Forum for kitesurfers
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F One's - Mach 1's Blowing out LE anyone ?

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:37 am

I have become depressed and upset.

Walking my 15.1 6 months old up the beach in my hands, the LE popped and blew out a hole 3 ft long down the LE dacron, bladder was fine.

the kite was in my hands and blew, i know of 2 others this has happended to. Are there anymore ?

p**sed .

Ron.

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:57 pm

We rented and sold a lot of the mach1's last year and never had that type of problem.

Marizu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Marizu » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:47 pm

Ron, sorry to hear about the kite. It's a sickening feeling when such an expensive piece of equipment gets damaged. Get The Loft to take a look at it, they fixed my FreeAir leading edge after similar damage (razor shell) for about £80 incl return postage. Sometimes it feels like this sport is just money, after money...

When I saw you on Saturday, you 'self landed' a Mach 1 (I thought that it was a 12.1). It made such a big noise that me and Kev sh*t ourself.

I don't know how regularly you do that but I can't imagine it being any good for the kites.

The conditions were (in my opinion) dangerously gusty and I think that you landed the second you got off the water for safety. My strategy was not to get off the water until I had signalled for someone to catch the kite.

Hope to see you soon,
Mari-zu

Return to “Kitesurfing”