Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

shackle onto pulley bar?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

shackle onto pulley bar?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:01 pm

Does anyone ride with a shackle or permenent attachment to a pulley bar to prevent the kite from getting away from them if they accidentally unhook and let go?
If so, does it restrict you range of movement for stuff like ralley's etc?

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:05 am

Some pros shackle a LEASH to the TRIM LOOP. I suppose you could shakle a leash to the fixed loop of a pulley bar, but that would likely be even more hazardous (but better than no leash, with respect to PUBLIC safety & banning).

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:21 pm

well, i tried going with shackle and pully bar.
avantage was that i had a spinning element in the setup to unspin my bar after rotations.
but a twisting mono loop would do better i guess.
you can't really go for a railey with a shackle, because hooking off the shackle is already difficult without loosing the kite and hooking back in is hard as well - too much work - but why using a shackle AND a pullybar?
either you want to go for all that unhooked stuff or you don't. . .

longy1975
Medium Poster

Postby longy1975 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:08 am

You can strap to the back handle/clip of your harness and tie it to your harness loop. This is good if you want to do handle passes .I run the safety line through one of my middle lines and attach it to my harness bar. It hardly gets in the way. And if your having trouble hooking back in after a raielly , its very simple even when overpowered. Just turn a litte down wind when you land , the kite will go a little slack giving you a chance to hook back in , then start cutting hard to bring the kite back to the edge of the window. Its a quick S turn to dump power! You will find your flips feel better unhooked!

Return to “Kitesurfing”